Quantcast

What's a Best Man supposed to do?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
What is a Best man supposed to do?

My best friend asked me to be his best man at his wedding next May. I know I'm supposed to organize the bachelor party and stuff but he doesn't want one. He just wants to go camping out in New Mexico for a week. HOW THE HELL CAN I GET STRIPPERS OUT THERE!

No really. He's been in AA for about 8 years now and has settled down. I've known the guy forever and would like to do something cool for him, but I don't think I can get the other groomsman to go for a week in New Mexico to shoot guns and stuff whatever ex army people like to do. Its sucks that none of these guys ride or I'd turn it into a biking trip.

Any suggestions on what to do? I started to mention to him that it may be hard to pull off the trip just in case it does not pan out.

Also someone mentioned I needed to throw an engagement party? What the hell is that? Nobody did that for me!
Is there anything else on my list of duties that I'm forgetting?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
organize the bachelor party and receive a gift from the groom. also it is your duty to do everything in your power to keep him from going through with the marriage.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
biggins said:
organize the bachelor party and receive a gift from the groom. also it is your duty to do everything in your power to keep him from going through with the marriage.

Yeah I would try to stop him, but he really found somebody that's good for him. He was on a bad string of dating people from AA meetings and that was a nightmare just to listen to.

J

JRB

Strippers, maybe not. You can likely get a weekly rate on hookers though.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bacholer party, a small gift for him, make sure you, he & the other groomsmen show up at the wedding...........and most importantly get a little something something from one of the bridemaids :D

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
douglas said:
bacholer party, a small gift for him, make sure you, he & the other groomsmen show up at the wedding...........and most importantly get a little something something from one of the bridemaids :D

Yeah, still trying to get the heads up on who they are going to be.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
Yeah, still trying to get the heads up on who they are going to be.

You don't have to plan an engagement party...that's typically for one of the parents rich friends to throw. See if anyone can go camping for a week, and those who can't go for a week, see if they can do like a 3 day weekend...show up at the wedding, have a toast ready for the reception, bring a wedding gift...that's it.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Who does the ring thing?
Any toast or speech at the rehearsal dinna?

And more importantly what to do in New Mexico in April for a WEEK! He wants to ask one of the other groomsman if we can go to his families ranch. I'm the type of person that has trouble sitting still unless I gotta beer in my hand. I gotta keep moving around or I'll go stir crazy.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
dude where in the stripers code does it say they cant strip in the middle of the dessert. dude hire them then transport them to the campsite im sure the other campers wouldnt mind. :thumb: . or you could just say screw you and throw him a "SURPRISE" bachelor party.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
me89 said:
dude where in the stripers code does it say they cant strip in the middle of the dessert. dude hire them then transport them to the campsite im sure the other campers wouldnt mind. :thumb: . or you could just say screw you and throw him a "SURPRISE" bachelor party.

Dude I couldn't talk a stripper into going home with me let alone camping with a bunch a dudes in the desert WITH GUNS!

J

JRB

DVNT said:
Dude I couldn't talk a stripper into going home with me let alone camping with a bunch a dudes in the desert WITH GUNS!

I had one going to South Texas one time until my jackass buddy puked on her purse. :help:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
loco-gringo said:
I had one going to South Texas one time until my jackass buddy puked on her purse. :help:

That's a little extreme in the ways of c0ck blocking but I guess it worked.

jamesjbigler

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Alpharetta, Ga
If it were in georgia I would say go to

www.durhamtown.com (website is down but check the google cache)

just east of atlanta. You can rent dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. They do skeet shooting, bass fishing, hunting, etc ... They even have mountain bike trails. I went to a bachelor party here it was fun.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Thanks, I'll check it out. Maybe I can talk him into that.

He already sent me an e-mail comparing the cost of the plane ticket out west to the amount of money we would throw down at a strip club etc...
:think: It's not really the money, but the time. A week camping versus a night drinking.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
Thanks, I'll check it out. Maybe I can talk him into that.

He already sent me an e-mail comparing the cost of the plane ticket out west to the amount of money we would throw down at a strip club etc...
:think: It's not really the money, but the time. A week camping versus a night drinking.

Ahhh yes...the joys of being in a friends wedding...i was in THREE in one year...between throwing bridal showers, gifts, hideous dresses, hotels, bachelorette parties, I was out thousands...literally THOUSANDS of dollars. For the most part, the bachelorette parties and weddings were really fun...hell even the bridal showers...we do NOTHING without beer and margaritas...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh girlie said:
Ahhh yes...the joys of being in a friends wedding...i was in THREE in one year...between throwing bridal showers, gifts, hideous dresses, hotels, bachelorette parties, I was out thousands...literally THOUSANDS of dollars. For the most part, the bachelorette parties and weddings were really fun...hell even the bridal showers...we do NOTHING without beer and margaritas and late night lingerie pillow fights. oh those were the good ol' days...
and the truth comes out

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Damn True said:
However, your best bet is at the wedding reception. Combine alcohol, and a romantic environment and the unwed women are putty in your hands. :love: :devil:

especially if ya like fat ones.

J

JRB

Damn True said:
If ya like skanky hookers then I suppose it is an option.

However, your best bet is at the wedding reception. Combine alcohol, and a romantic environment and the unwed women are putty in your hands. :love: :devil:

Sounds like maybe the brides are too. :evil: