Quantcast

what's coming from rock shox...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah im psyched on this thing actually...would wonder if it can be enduro'd?
i kinda am too. lately most of the new real technology (aside from dampers) has been coming from DH and longer travel forks.

I wonder if this is a case where the design and concept were just a head of their time (referring to USD forks in general), and the technology to make it feasible has finally caught up.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
From most of what I have read, the newer generation lowers and crowns are stiffer rendered in 15mm than almost all of the 20mm options.
Just food for thought...I don't know if its true.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
From most of what I have read, the newer generation lowers and crowns are stiffer rendered in 15mm than almost all of the 20mm options.
Just food for thought...I don't know if its true.
Because they focus more on 15mm than 20mm. That's the only reason it could be stiffer.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Because they focus more on 15mm than 20mm. That's the only reason it could be stiffer.
Precisely, they're stiffer as a result of better engineering, not a smaller axle. Slap a 20mm axle on one of the newer/stiffer/better fork castins and you could enduro 33% harder, get on the Foes 30mm standard and you could enduro even harder. Sadly I still have a 9mm QR on my trail bike, can't enduro for crap with that.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland

The fact that the bike in this pic has Hans Dampf tires on it makes me think it might be a little more than an XC fork. Not too many Shavers I know would run the HD's on their svelt XC sleds.