Quantcast

whats left of a sport bike

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that sucks a LOT.

However, if you are going twice the speed limit on a windy road like that you are asking for it IMHO.

Was he wearing a helmet?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
doesn't look like his frame sliders did the bike much good ;)

i can't stand hacks who can't stay within their lane. the road is not the track and crossing the center line just means that you're riding beyond your capabilities.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have the same bike. Not much of a sport bike, at least when compared to the sportiest available. Even an experience rider at safe speeds can overshoot a corner if they get fixated on an object outside the corner. That is why riding requires 100% attention 100% of the time.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
i can't stand hacks who can't stay within their lane. the road is not the track and crossing the center line just means that you're riding beyond your capabilities.
He was probably cutting in for the fast line through the corner, ala track. However, highways are not tracks and do have oncoming traffic...He took a big (stupid) gamble and lost out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's a truck load of suck right there. Natural selection in action, but I still feel bad for the family. I would rather he hit a tree.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
please tell me this wasn't an honest question...or do you mean, on another bike?
I would assume since the other rider is pushing a bike while the fireman carry the rear of the other that it's safe to say he was on another bike.

Unless of course he happened to find that bike laying on the side of the road from the guy who crashed there last week.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That bike is suprizingly intact for a head on collision, cant say i feel bad for the guy that got whacked, but Damn i sure feel bad for the family he hit, something like that is gonna haunt them forever.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I thought the double yellow line was optional, and you could cross it on a blind turn....

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
A good friend of mine just crashed for the second time on Hwy 9. Barely escaped with his life again. He is the fastest guy to ever ride 9. He hit 142 mph on one straight. The video is insane.

He was a good rider. Stayed in his lane except to pass. His last pass landed him in a tree at 80 mph and in a hospital a couple hours later. He lost part of his femur and his hip socket.

He swears he will never ride again, even though he would be able to once he gets a hip replacement.

I would love a street bike, but I would push it to the limit like everything else and I can't afford to die.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
A good friend of mine just crashed for the second time on Hwy 9. Barely escaped with his life again. He is the fastest guy to ever ride 9. He hit 142 mph on one straight. The video is insane.

He was a good rider. Stayed in his lane except to pass. His last pass landed him in a tree at 80 mph and in a hospital a couple hours later. He lost part of his femur and his hip socket.

He swears he will never ride again, even though he would be able to once he gets a hip replacement.

I would love a street bike, but I would push it to the limit like everything else and I can't afford to die.

Ah that would be Scott

He owes me one [and the rest of the FF's], I was the first Firefighter to reach him and get his airway somewhat cleared so he could breathe then I commanded the rescue team that got him backboarded and hauled 100 ft back up to the roadway and off to the helo...... lic plate reads owns 9...not that day or 4 years earlier when we flew him off the hill the first time

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Big thanks to you and your crew. I really hope he hangs it up for good this time. His wife is a jewel for taking care of him both times. He owes his family and he knows it.

I told him he needs a new plate: 9 owns me.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
at the time we figured it was a 50/50[or less] chance of him making it. He was probably one of the more injured people that I've worked on that actually survived. We had to get a helo from Santa Rosa as all the local ones were on other calls, they landed on 9 at about the same time as we got him back up to the pavement.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Well, I just saw him today. He has been home for a few days and is almost ready for his hip replacement.

His last recovery was amazing. I hope he can do as well this time.

Good work on your part. He still raves about the last rescue you guys did for him. You guys saved his life...twice.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
He should have gotten the new E13 replacement rider housing group. Might have solved his problems...