Quantcast

What's the big issue with selling over seas?

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
First of all, no offence to sellers who don't want to ship over seas. I was just wandering what the big issue is concerning selling to people outside of the U.S.. Someone on the other side of the country is as much able to rip you of as someone on the other side of the world, or not? Last year I bought frame and forks from two U.S. sellers and everything turned out great. So, what are your thoughts about this?

mmaddmark

Monkey
Feb 24, 2004
standing in line to fill out customs forms with 20 angry people in line behind you staring the back of your head off, shipping quotes are never the actuall price paid at the desk, no way of tracking a shipment, buyers complain that it takes too long,yet they only want to pay the cheapest shipping rates,buyers say they never received the shipment(no way of tracking), having to tripple box a part so it dont get all ripped to shreads by the shipping agents,customs,etc...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mmaddmark said:
standing in line to fill out customs forms with 20 angry people in line behind you staring the back of your head off, shipping quotes are never the actuall price paid at the desk, no way of tracking a shipment, buyers complain that it takes too long,yet they only want to pay the cheapest shipping rates,buyers say they never received the shipment(no way of tracking), having to tripple box a part so it dont get all ripped to shreads by the shipping agents,customs,etc...
:stupid:

sooooo much easier to deal domestically. i had a telescope (of all things) held up at canadian customs for over a month. the buyer was not pleased, but at that point it was entirely out of my power...

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
i dont think it's tht big of a deal, ive shipped a fork to a guy in moland, and am in a couple of day shipping my frame and parts, as long as i dont have to pay for shipping, it's fine, and once it's sent, it's no longer my problem!