Quantcast

What's your cut off hour for calling strangers?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Last night, the phone rings at 10:10 pm. Some guy calling about the car I'm selling.

Isn't that a little late? (Yes I'm getting old)....but still. I would not have called a stranger at that hour even when I was young.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Stranger = 9pm at the latest

Friend = 10pm usually, the better the friend the later I can call

I hope the guy buys the car after putting you through that.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
9pm ususally...unless they know I am calling later.

WhenI call the east coast to talk to the fiance it is 9-10 before I get to talk to her after getting home from work. But I wouldn't call unless she was there near the phone. It is just rude. I try to not call before 8am also.

Rhino

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
There is no cut off time for calling strangers...why should I worry about what time I'm calling a stranger...I usually do it drunk at around 4 am and pretend I'm a jilted lover...or sometimes I will ask them if their refrigerator is running...I don't know them, so I don't care if the think it's rude. HAHAHAHA!...Just kidding...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't usually call after 8:00 if I don't know the person.

Even if they don't go to bed early, I'm usually either winding down at that hour (watching TV, reading, bike maintinance, whatever) and don't want to talk to someone, or winding up (heading out to the bar or something), and don't want to talk to someone, so I wouldn't expect them to want to talk to me...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by dh girlie
There is no cut off time for calling strangers...why should I worry about what time I'm calling a stranger...I usually do it drunk at around 4 am and pretend I'm a jilted lover...or sometimes I will ask them if their refrigerator is running...I don't know them, so I don't care if the think it's rude. HAHAHAHA!...Just kidding...
Well ok...that's a special case.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by binary visions
I don't usually call after 8:00 if I don't know the person.

Even if they don't go to bed early, I'm usually either winding down at that hour (watching TV, reading, bike maintinance, whatever) and don't want to talk to someone, or winding up (heading out to the bar or something), and don't want to talk to someone, so I wouldn't expect them to want to talk to me...
Exactly. Wife is asleep, has JUST finished feesing baby and putting her down. Then the phone rings....I was pissed.

So....who wants a 1998 Civic? It's silver! Ooooooh!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The key point here which everyone has missed, is that one should always conduct their personal business while at work, thereby freeing up more time to ride :cool:

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
car buying something like your experience.... i'd call by 8 at the very latest. friends... better the friend the later i'll call. of course late for me isn't too late. i'm usually in bed by 10ish. bein at work at 6:30 sucks ! lol

J

JRB

Originally posted by dh girlie
WHO is the special case here? WHO is a Raider fan...that drives around with a ginormous raider emblem on their rear window...and a RAIDER NATION license plate frame?
that is just gay

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Echo
The key point here which everyone has missed, is that one should always conduct their personal business while at work, thereby freeing up more time to ride :cool:
LOL!!! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines ;)

For me:
8-9pm for strangers
10-11pm for friends (usually don't call after 10pm unless I know it's ok)
4am - good friend/husband but only when I am REALLY drunk and I have really only done it once or twice that I can remember ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by TreeSaw
4am - good friend/husband but only when I am REALLY drunk and I have really only done it once or twice that I can remember ;)
i've got relatives that do that to me from time to time.....:mad: :p

why is it always i love you blah blah love love blah blah, if you frikkin loved me you'd go pass out somewhere.....:rolleyes: :dead: :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Skookum
i've got relatives that do that to me from time to time.....:mad: :p

why is it always i love you blah blah love love blah blah, if you frikkin loved me you'd go pass out somewhere.....:rolleyes: :dead: :)
Actually, my calls were more of a "booty call" genre :devil: