Quantcast

Wheel dish... Help!!!

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
well i took the wheel off my 04' P.2 and put it on my 04' Planet X Ridgeback and well.... its spaced way over to the non drive sideand i dont know what to do other than get a new wheel with a different dish or???

pics of my screw up....
thanks for any help

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
well a p2 doesnt have assymetrical stays...so it should be dished properly if it fit in the center of your P2 stays. which means maybe the dropouts of the px arent faced or spaced properly.
take the wheel by a shop and ask them to throw a dishing tool on it and check it out

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
thing is though the P.2 was bearly riden and undamaged and was perfect in its stays. its off my nearly half an inch at the rim to the stays with a ruler. are there differnt dish options and once a wheel is laced up can it be changed? thanks alot for your help!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
You could move it a couple of millimeters, but a half inch is way too much. You don't have to buy a whole new wheel just new spokes.

Make sure your frame is properly aligned. A cheap way to check is to get a string and tie it to one dropout then run it around the HT and back to the other dropout and see if it measures the same distance on both sides of the seattube.

Close to the bottom of the page --> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
its a brand new frame, and its strait, the spacing was either off with my hub or the dish of it. id have to have someone build it b.c i dont have a stand but im going to try to tweak it half a turn at a time. hope i can get it pretty close.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Looks like its not Dished meaning the P2 is Asymetrical, altho im not sure cause im not looking at one, My BigHit has Asymetrical Stays so when i rebuilt it i used the same spokes on both sides in Yourcase it looks like the wheel needs to be Dished towards the drive side, probably 2 full turns( turns of the drive side spoke nipples)