Quantcast

When should we pull out of Iraq?

When should we pull out?

• Total voters

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I noticed in my Times headlines two opposing stories: one where the Democrats propose a pull out in 2008 and another where the US Command in Iraq sees a long committment.

Wonder what other people think.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Right before we um you know, climax. We don't want any Iraqi chicks begging for child support.
:stupid:

But that wasn't an option. I can't last 2 years, so soon was the next best thing.

The idea that they will someday handle things themselves is great in theory. The reality is sheep can't heard themselves, so it will be unrest until someone takes over.

<edit> Eventually they will run out of troops to send, no matter how bad they want to send them. So the long commitment will only last as long as there are troos to support it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I voted 'right away, damn the consequences' but I don't actually agree with the consequences part. The US should get out ASAP, but should provide appropriate reparations do pay for the damage and chaos they have caused. If the Iraqis cannot spend it wisely, that is down to them.

The problem with my plan is that the current government is more or less a US puppet, so it'd be good if that could be sorted out first.

My plan has no chance of happening, but there you go.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I dunno about these things but I've got a funny feeling the guy above is a spammer. like I said I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time it's just there's something sus about it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
You're nuts. I think he makes a good point. When will people start thinking about the discount drugs?????
I'm gonna go to the doc next week and see if he'll give me some valium. He gave me some real good sleeping pills last ttime I went and I told him I couldn't sleep.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The US should get out ASAP, but should provide appropriate reparations do pay for the damage and chaos they have caused.
assume included in this damage & chaos is providing an "opportunity" for the sunni/shia proxy war? should they not also be held to account? (we're still in the land of make-believe, so it's ok to spitball this)

assuming the whole puppet gov't thing gets worked out, what kind of gov't do you think should be expected in iraq? some specific model like turkey (muslim population but secular rule)? or some vague type as found in uae, qatar, kuwait, or yemen? (don't know the complete break-down of these 4, that's why i wrote 'vague')

what if it - as we may expect - turns into tribalism & regional rule by war-lords, all of whom take up the 'death-to-amrikkka/west' charter, complete with plotting, planning, & executing terrorist acts upon western interests?

no doubt, this is a sticky mess (not allowed to use the other word).

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I voted 'right away, damn the consequences' but I don't actually agree with the consequences part. The US should get out ASAP, but should provide appropriate reparations do pay for the damage and chaos they have caused. If the Iraqis cannot spend it wisely, that is down to them.

The problem with my plan is that the current government is more or less a US puppet, so it'd be good if that could be sorted out first.

My plan has no chance of happening, but there you go.
Appropriate reparations? Okay, we give Iraq Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, my ex wife and Rush Limbaugh. And Ann Coulter. And a Sams Club card.
Then kick GW in the nuts, and make him get a real job. Or send him hunting with Cheney...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I honestly dont have an answer to give because I just dont know. Imagine that. I have no opinion. Haha. Its a ****ing mess.

L

luelling

what if it - as we may expect - turns into tribalism & regional rule by war-lords, all of whom take up the 'death-to-amrikkka/west' charter, complete with plotting, planning, & executing terrorist acts upon western interests?
At least if they all hate us they would be united for something. That would be progress

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Cheney offers this:

"I think if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting,&#8221; Mr. Cheney told ABC News, &#8220;all we will do is validate the Al Qaeda strategy.&#8221;

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
good idea to leave iraq on a pre set date.

goodness knows we need to give the al Q's some time to plan their victory party.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I know my vote is not a popular one, but fvck 'em! Pull the troops out, carpet bomb the whole place....and then NOT PAY TO FIX IT!!!!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
good idea to leave iraq on a pre set date.

goodness knows we need to give the al Q's some time to plan their victory party.
It could also give time for Walter Reed to prepare for burnt out veterans coming home.