Quantcast

When you think of DH

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
What comes to mind when you think of DH MTN Biking?

Hola everyone, I have been couped up behind a desk for a while and not posting. However I am working on this project that involves some brainstorming and I was hoping to get some help from some DHers. So whaddya say?

Here it is. When you think of DH riding, racing, "freeriding" or "gravity riding" whatever you wanna call it, what physical things do you think about?
By physical things I don't mean the obvious stuff (bike, armor, helmet) but observational things. For example I think of a Lift Chair.

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
B-roll ideas:

double black diamond trail signage or really any type of course signage

course marshals or EMTs

lift ticket stubs hangin from seat rails

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Blurry vision, heavy breathing, adrenaline pumping, smooth is fast, joy in the faces of my homies, the A-line, sheep, tire pressure, six beeps, traction is irrelevent in the air, ...to name a few.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Riding waaaay over my head. Coming up on a section that makes me say "Holy crap!" and then looking back and wondering how I ever made it through. Or looking up at the sky thinking to myself that next time I won't crash.

Beer.

Expensive bikes.

Fun

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
For some reason I think of snow sprinkled peaks off in the distance of the dolomites, looking out of a start house, down a ramp, some grassy knolls and off into the rock garden of hell.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
metal music and i cant stop thinking that im on a race..... chased by a rattle snake.. o wait , thats my rear hub.... dayum, hadley's rock....

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...the rear triangle of my bike, the shock, and the coilspring, the big knobby tire.... Victoria Silvestedt reading a map of Dearborn Michigan while sitting nude in a hot tub filled with warm jello... every time I'm at the start gate... I just can't get it out of my mind... Is that wierd?

:think:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
zedro said:
its our registered retirment savings plan. You dump money in, you tax detuct it, you get cash back which you blow on bike stuff, and hopefully you get to use it before you die
How remakably similar.:trophy_br

That reminds me...........when I think of "candian" dh........

Going about 2mph.......coasting down some really steep chute that has a turn at the bottom with a bunch of wet roots and then hitting my fullface hard as sh1t, getting up and wondering who the morons were that built the trail.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Motionboy2 said:
Here it is. When you think of DH riding, racing, "freeriding" or "gravity riding" whatever you wanna call it, what physical things do you think about?
By physical things I don't mean the obvious stuff (bike, armor, helmet) but observational things. For example I think of a Lift Chair.
lotsa non-physical things coming out in this thread. R.I.F. :clue:

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Getting sketchy while going fast. It gives you the retractable nut feeling. The M, N, and O trails at Snowshoe give me the feeling because they are so fast and easy...you can just blow through them all sketch. The Snowshoe monkies know what i'm talking about...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I think of the day.
The day when I can no longer do this.
The day when I can't push myself to the edge anymore.
The day when I can't push too hard, crash, and get up laughing.

And then I am glad that it is not today.

beep beep beep beep beep BEEEP!

My favorite sound in the world.:love:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i think of.
eleven +,
soon to be opened,
handbuilt,
fast,
steep,
rocky,
treelined,
scary as sh.. d.h.trails.

windrock mt. tennessee.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
a thing? i think on @ss kicking racing clothes.... jejejeje im a TLD whore... jajaja

and dirt, rocks and jumps...... and for some reason i love to ride trails that zig-zag in and out a creek.....