Quantcast

where are the late day trails (scottsdale-ish)?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
for about a month i've been riding a friend's '05 fuel in dreamy draw (northern & 51), and after riding just this, i think i'm ready to move on. i've heard s. mtn's good, but don't have the time after work (nor the lights).

what else is there that's not a terrible commute that has 2 hrs worth of riding?

today was my first day riding here below 100 deg

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
for about a month i've been riding a friend's '05 fuel in dreamy draw (northern & 51), and after riding just this, i think i'm ready to move on. i've heard s. mtn's good, but don't have the time after work (nor the lights).

what else is there that's not a terrible commute that has 2 hrs worth of riding?

today was my first day riding here below 100 deg
Up at Pima & Dynamite there were some decent trails, but had heard they might be developing houses there. Not sure if they've started, and watch out for the motorcycles.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
McDowell Mnt. has some good trails. trailhead is on 124th st north of shea. some pretty good trails out there. you can also hit the lost dog trail from mcdowell mnt ranch that leads to this trail network as well.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
what's the best way to get to mcd mtn from around the 101 & mcdowell? 101 to shea, then bust east for 10 miles? just guessing.

just got back from 2 hrs of playing around dreamy draw (yet again). the idea of riding there seems old when i'm in the office thinking about riding, but once i hit trail that all goes away. haven't ridden more than 10% of the same trail between any 2 rides. my riding partner commented the reason why so much of the trail has rocks on it is from a recent spat of monsoons; he claimed it was less chunky around may timeframe.

love the siphons - i could do 2 hrs of just that.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i regard myself as skilled / highly confident on trail at speed (but never dj'ed & stopped dh'ing last year).

i usually enter the park on the west side of northern via hatcher (dead end), & meander on varying parts of 100. i did this sick loop that finished riding directly into the setting sun just before darting down into the horse tunnel to finish out.

i'm now back in colorado indefinitely, but might get spun up again later in the year. if/when i do, i'll have to bring my lights & chase down some javelina