Quantcast

Where do you guys buy BMX stuff online?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm looking for some one piece cranks and BB's for my 60's schwinn Typhoon.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
one piece? try danscomp.com but I don't think your going to find much of a selection. for one piecers I google some low rider type places. one piece cranks for bmx aren't as popular as they once were.

none of the other bmx mail orders would carry them, I don't think....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pnj said:
one piece? try danscomp.com but I don't think your going to find much of a selection. for one piecers I google some low rider type places. one piece cranks for bmx aren't as popular as they once were.

none of the other bmx mail orders would carry them, I don't think....
Damn they had one and it was cheap.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
whatever you do, don't order danscomp. they seem good but not good support afterward..if go to staff-bmx.com, they are awesome people...NJ NY area, based out of NYC if i am thinking correctly..staffbmx is the cheapest, and run by bikers, ask them a question and they got the answer..they keep u updated on shipping, and if you email em, you get a reply in 1 day usually.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
habitatxskate said:
whatever you do, don't order danscomp. they seem good but not good support afterward..if go to staff-bmx.com, they are awesome people...NJ NY area, based out of NYC if i am thinking correctly..staffbmx is the cheapest, and run by bikers, ask them a question and they got the answer..they keep u updated on shipping, and if you email em, you get a reply in 1 day usually.
whoops, to late!

I still need to get pedals.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
v-digit said:
dans is fine. never had a problem with them.

staff bmx is from NJ. very nice as well.
That would have been a little closer.

Hey quick question, i see there are different thread dia. for the pedals. What is the current standard?

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
stosh said:
That would have been a little closer.

Hey quick question, i see there are different thread dia. for the pedals. What is the current standard?
A real bmx crankset takes the same pedals as a MTB. I think it's 9/16. A crappy 1 piece crankset is likely to take 1/2 inch.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
9/16 like sirchomps-a-lot said..if you got a 3 piece, which you probably do get the 9/16..1/2 is single..junkier..one idea..don't get the sealed, you dont need it..just a suggestion..but staff-bmx.com is awesome, and if its a lil farther and a few bucks more for the shipping i'd perfer that, keep it local, keep it to the riders, and keep it knowledable..you don't need a "sears" of biking like "danscomp" has become..they keep getting bs bikes now.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stosh wants one piece cranks.
staff, empire, albes, etc don't carry one piece.

nothing wrong with "sears" bike stores. they sell the same parts as the rest of the places. however, I always call my orders in just so I know the actually have the part I want. (that goes for any of the mail order joints I use)

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i just ordered from jensosusa.com but its mostly dh, if not all, dh stuff..i ordered 2 days ago and i think they shipped it either today or yesterxay...they keep you updated with the emails and everything, the prices are good...ill let you know how long it takes for the standard ground shipping, which takes up to 5 business days, which i hope it shouldnt because i want to ride with working bled and working breaks

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i took my danscomp book and out and there is one option for a single piece crank..here i sall the info

Poverty 1-Piece Crank
Durable replacement crank. made from 4130 chromoly.(strong steal i may add, since i do weld and its good...anyways) Compatible with 24 thread 1-pc bottom bracket.
(35.2 oz)
Colors- Chrome
175mm only
#453012 $9.99
#455018 $8.99 Odyssey Unsld BB
It shows bearing which are sold separately. You'd have to look online to see which ones you want since I can't pick for you.
www.danscomp.com
#

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
The 1 piece cranks for a 60's bike might be on the short side and measured in inches.

I would do a search on vintagebmx.com - they should have a bunch more information on where to get 1960's one piece cranks.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
it should fit up, with the bearings and everything you need, i am almost positive it fits american..well let us know what you!

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
habitatxskate said:
dude staff takes forever to ship to the NW. danscomp is hella fast and good and they know what they r talking about. but. empirebmx.com is the best. no one can beat empire.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I like danscomp. Actually, I haven't heard anything bad about staff, empire, albes, etc...

I agree the lbs would be an excellent place to look for one piece cranks but it looks like you've already ordered a set.