Quantcast

Where is the best riding?

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Looking to move to Colorado somtime in the next year or so. Mainly for school but the riding is really important aswell.

Was going to check out CU Boulder for school.

Also might be staying in Steam Boat or Boulder for a couple weeks this summer. Anyone want to ride/film?

Ohh.... and - :picsstfu:

Dan

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
check out the ride reports forum for pics; lotsa candy there to seal the deal. if you're here next summer, make sure you stop off @ keystone &/| vail.

you'll never go back.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Dan, come on out to denver you could ride with us and film. We have been working with Vastaction.com doing some filming with the team and plan to do more. We could show you some trails.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Pics huh? Well you probably already have footage of CO. Earthed 2 has Snowmass and Vail, Synopsis has Keystone with Grubby Graves, pretty sweet I may add. There are probably more like more Snowmass and Vail in Fundamentals and Vastaction.com prolly has some footage of our MSC Race Series, they take good footage. The stuff on the vids is about as good as it gets. I wish you luck trying to get peeps to show you pics of the gnar super secret stuff....cuz there is none. Oh and do NOT go to Steamboat expecting DH. You'll be dissapointed, plenty of great trails, so bring a trail bike. Seriously. Stick to Vail or Keystone, maybe Winter Park (if they ever materialize their promise for "Whistler South") for real DH.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i would go to albuquerque.
the dh tracks, yes we have like 4, is really only not ridable
3 month of the year. paved shuttle, lots of riders.
big free skate park. sante fe dirt jumps.

UNM for school.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
free skate parks? I bet CO has NM beat on that one. And EXPN reopened this year as Woodward, so we got some indo action, too.
:p

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
There is tons of riding in CO, but if you're looking to film DH it's going to be limited to a few places.

Silverton is sometimes open and is apparently quite good (never been there myself). That said, I think they were open for less than a week this year.

Keystone has some really great trails. They're well maintained and have some bigger features that might make them more film-worthy. They're also working hard on building more. When I left in late August they were riding in some pretty sweet new sections.

Aspen/Snowmass has some stuff, but not as many trails (Aspen locals correct me if I'm wrong) as Keystone.

Teluride is rumored to have some sweet runs, but I don't know anything about those.

Vail has a few resort-sanctioned runs that are fun but they've been falling apart over the last few years. The '94 World Cup which was IMO the best trail at Vail was closed due to construction most of this summer.

Some other resorts run their lifts for bikes, but as far as I know none of them have particularly DH-worth riding.