Quantcast

Where to buy FOX seal kit

chaostactics

Chimp
Mar 22, 2009
I need a seal kit for my fox dhx 5.0 coil over. Even the local bike shops cant get them from fox but I'm betting there is some online shop I'm overlooking.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
It would be an unauthorized source because that damper has nitrogen in it. Unless you have the tools and compressed N, you can't do this at home.

chaostactics

Chimp
Mar 22, 2009
i read the service guide. then a very well put together service pdf for the dhx 5.0 coil over as well as spoken to a couple shop techs. according to those sources the 5.0 coild over does not contain the nitriogen charge that the other external chambered shocks like the dhx 5.0 air does.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
i read the service guide. then a very well put together service pdf for the dhx 5.0 coil over as well as spoken to a couple shop techs. according to those sources the 5.0 coild over does not contain the nitriogen charge that the other external chambered shocks like the dhx 5.0 air does.
The VAN-versions of the DHX have a nitrogen charge, but otherwise you can service them yourself. Telltale-sign is that there is a schrader valve on the piggy back.

No problem to take such shocks apart, but you will be hard pressed to find a dealer who could supply you with that seal.

If I'm not mistaken, even authorized Fox Service Centers are not allowed to sell those bad boys to customers. You will probably have to leave it with them for a service.