Quantcast

Where to ride near downtown Sac, Ca

Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
I got a new 26" bike and I'm looking for good places to ride near midtown/ downtown or accesible by light rail. I remember seeing a couple jumps by the tent city a few months ago, which I haven't checked out yet. One of these days I'll make it out to the folsom bike park. I've also been thinking about riding tanzanite skatepark or heading out to power inn depending on the status of enforcement out there. I've been riding around looking for any good spots. Who's riding in Sactown? Where are the spots?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
What type of riding you looking for? If it's street there's tons to ride in downtown. Tanzanite is bike friendly but Power Inn isn't. Power Inn is not supervised but they installed full height turn styles and I heard it's a real tight fit to get a 20" bmx through. So a 26" may be impossible. Another spot I love riding is Mather skate park which is bike friendly and it's a plaza so there's a good amount of room, plus it's lit at night.

Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
I'm just getting back into riding after riding mountain bikes and road bikes for the last couple of years, before that I rode 20" bikes, mostly dirt jumping but a little street. I'm gonna go ride around downtown tonight, I've also been riding a little along the riverwalk in west sac.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Are you mobile, oh just caught the light rail bit. There are a couple dirt spots here and there but it requires some travel. I think you'll like Mather, nice and spread out. I plan on heading out there tomorrow night. I'd be down to show you some spots around downtown but they're more geared for grinding.

Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
I rode Mather today, it was hella fun!! This was my first time riding a concrete skatepark, and riding a 26" on any real terrain. I have to say I'm petty happy my bike, but I think I may need to invest in a 24" with some pegs. I'll be out at Mather again tomorrow for sure.