Quantcast

where's the Bromont 2009 thread?!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
So in that example, Andrew Neethling and Nick Beer both failed to qualify, but get put through automatically.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I keep getting kicked out about every 10 minutes as well. I keep seeing the advertisement for the Scott Gambler. I am beginning not to like Scott. :think:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
FC better than last time, but I still have to refresh every 10 minutes or so.
Yeah me too. When the scott ad pops up, if I wait for it to go then I get audio only with a frozen vid, so just hit f5 as soon as that ****ty bike appears on my screen :)

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
yup same here every 10 mins on the dot i get the stupid scott ad. looks like freecaster is trying to make sure you see the ad but pissing us off bc they cant set it up right

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I used to not care about scott. Now I strongly dislike them.

Why the fyck am I seeing scott advertisements in the middle of the number one quali run? is this going to happen when hill comes down? peaty? barel? fycking retarded. fyck yo couch scott.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I used to not care about scott. Now I strongly dislike them.

Why the fyck am I seeing scott advertisements in the middle of the number one quali run? is this going to happen when hill comes down? peaty? barel? fycking retarded. fyck yo couch scott.
Wow
sweet hate.

Without advertisers there will be no shows...without advertisers there is no money to work out the bugs.
Love the advertisers.

Last edited:

Princess

Chimp
Jun 7, 2009
Utopia
Ads are great for the purpose of raising money for this terrific FREE live feed... but perhaps we could join together and tell Freecaster how many times we got to see the ads (every refresh) and how they could use the ad money for improving the live feed...?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Wow
sweet hate.

Without advertisers there will be no shows...without advertisers there is no money to work out the bugs.
Love the advertisers.
I do. I know the advertisers are why the races happen. However, there's a time and place. See the little trek logo? It's small and tasteful, and doesn't make me hate trek. Stopping the show entirely during the number 4, 3, and 1st qualifiers runs doesn't make me like a company. Show it when the last qualifiers are running, not the top dogs.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Freecaster commentary as ****ing useless as normal. Much as I like Warner, let's actually talk about what's happening on the track, instead of you latest buddy in the box eh? FFS.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
pretty quick indeed, that made me laugh :rofl:

I'd rather hear about the race too so when the picture goes out *again* I can at least still know what's going on.
Freecaster doesn't shoot this. It's done by a contract company to UCI. Freecaster repackages it for us. I am sure that the announcers only see what we see or some variation like that.

This isn't too take away from Freecaster, just to say that like most TV announcers they are watching the same feeds we watch.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Another thing all you duffers are overlooking is that the problem has as much to do with the Internet. I mean how much live feed watching do you do? If you did much, you'd realize that most live feeds are like this. Even though tech as come a long way, it's still not cable tv.

dhjunke

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Another thing all you duffers are overlooking is that the problem has as much to do with the Internet. I mean how much live feed watching do you do? If you did much, you'd realize that most live feeds are like this. Even though tech as come a long way, it's still not cable tv.
Well put.

Freecaster is doing a good job.

This week is much better than last.

FYI, Adblocking software takes care of the ads.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Freecaster running perfect - smoother than water off a duck's back. Nice stuff.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
maybe I spoke too soon - i'm on to audio only and frozen images.

Refreshed and it's back perfect again.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
its my first time iam watching FC in canada...omg it sucks. It works so much better in germany! i got kicked out every 10min aswell. But right now i cant get anything:(