Quantcast

Where's the Friday thread?? >-|o

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kindie graduation for Haley today, so I took the day off. Apparently I get Monday off for memorial day, so 4-day weekend ftw. That's a lot of studying. Off to get donuts now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello and Happy Friday, my wonderful internet friends! Three day weekend! Well, for most people anyway. Not for me though because I signed up for a training session for work at it starts Monday, which is fine because it's only five hours and I can do it from home and save the PTO. The training is on business process redesign, which I am sure you guys are very jealous about.

AAAAAAnyway, after biking and running last night (commonly referred to as a "brick workout"), I ran again early this morning, and my legs were all FTS.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

What is this "holiday weekend" everyone keeps speaking of?

Once again got roped into end of the school year kid/teacher shenanigans yesterday. Need to accomplish household crap today. Kid is upstairs watching star wars. Perhaps bicycles and ice cream this afternoon.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm staring down the barrel of another solo-parenting weekend.

wife just dropped the kids off at forest school. they were pretty foul this morning, so I hope forest school "re-centres" them....

It's also going to rain all weekend, so outdoor play will be difficult. There's a new Lego sculpture exhibit at the museum of science and tech this weekend, that's close to the train station we'll be picking my wife up from. May try and hit that up (we're members, and have a parking pass, so it's "free" and easy. good for a few hours anyways).

Yesterday was wife's birthday. t'was a good day. spa in the morning/afternoon, home for a quick 'nap', then lobstah for dinner and gelato for dessert.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hope for a short day, I know the drive home will suck ass. I might go a very long way and not worry about it.

Looking forward to some woods time this weekend. Can I go home now?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode some bikes in the woods last night. Turned into a longer ride than I anticipated, but fun was had. Gotta maximize the long days when you can.

Woke up well before my alarm today. Used that extra time to pedal into work. Legs are smoked, so it will be a mellow mission home tonight.

Get after it today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Sneaked out for a ride last night with the wife so she could get acquainted with her new bike. All seemed to go pretty well, though I think she will have to swap the saddle out and cut down the bars. Either way, fun was had, though it's now apparent that my RaceFace Turbine seatpost is garbage. Gonna need to do something about that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hmm, dilemma time. I am out of the office 5/26 - 6/6, boss is out 6/1 - 6/17. I was going to give my 2 week notice on 6/11. So I either wait until he's back and give him 1 week notice, email him my resignation (pretty lame way to do it), or give a 4 week notice today. I am not thrilled with any of these options.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hmm, dilemma time. I am out of the office 5/26 - 6/6, boss is out 6/1 - 6/17. I was going to give my 2 week notice on 6/11. So I either wait until he's back and give him 1 week notice, email him my resignation (pretty lame way to do it), or give a 4 week notice today. I am not thrilled with any of these options.
Think it over, as soon as you bail on work immediately and ride Mountain Lion with Toshi and 6th this morning.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Drinking coffee after walking the dogs in the woods by the lake. Oh did I mention the fact the wife decided that we needed a 4th dog? And that as of two days ago we picked up another Aussie. He is 21 weeks oldView attachment 128906
What's your solution with the dogs when you're camping and both of you head out onto the lake all day?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a humid day out there, folks....deodorant is working overtime already.

Just got back in the office from installing some wall graphics in the kids play room at the local hospice center. It was a cool aquarium theme that looked pretty awesome on the wall.

We're heading out to the coast this evening, so I'm looking forward to a few days of fishing and cold tops.

Y'all be cool people and remember the ones we lost and honor the ones we have.

Attachments

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
packs are packed & staged by the door. FTS on 10.
cant wait to get on the trail afterwork.
sleeping outside tonight yay

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Le tired, I have been through some exhausting two weeks, cannot wait for the moment I leave the office today. Still planning to go to Thunder on Sunday even if weather looks only so-so. Beer with a friend tonight, a ride with a buddy tomorrow morning, DH on Sunday, home improvements on Monday.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You've already made your choice. I say pull the chute now. If you feel inclined to give two week notice for professional reasons, or whatever, do it now, right now. 4 weeks is bullshit, mentally, you've already checked out. If you get shit from your boss, today is your last day. Congratulations!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You've already made your choice. I say pull the chute now. If you feel inclined to give two week notice for professional reasons, or whatever, do it now, right now. 4 weeks is bullshit, mentally, you've already checked out. If you get shit from your boss, today is your last day. Congratulations!
This - ideally the boss will tell you to just bag it before *he* goes on vacation and pays through the "end date"...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So one of my colleagues is a fitness instructor. She started doing "bootcamp" classes in the mornings/over lunch a couple of weeks ago.

Since I didn't ride yesterday, and probably won't ride this weekend, I decided to give a "high intensity interval" class a try today at lunch. I'm pretty worked. the ol' thighs and groin are screamin'. Sure would be nice to do this more regularly to strengthen the core. Last time I did this with any regularity, it made a yuge difference to my riding.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Donkey bike ride last night turned into a beer cruise. Not sure how that happened... We stopped at a buddies house and the dude kept feeding us beers. I'm not complaining though, riding winding paved and gravel paths with no human pylons is a lot of fun.

I fear the cottage bound traffic on the freeway tonight, but I'm going to try to meetup with a some peoples for an evening ride. More like a moving shed ride, with those guys...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Finishing up work from a coffee shop in Durango, gonna go ride Test Tracks at 5p and then head to Ska Brewing. Camping somewhere's tonight, then off to Cortez to ride Phil's World tomorrow. #notbad #funandemployed #workingremotely

Saw that... it's a good looking car. The quote below, though... makes me :think: at them. That said, they seem to be more better at building cars than we were when we started?

http://kustomcoachwerks.com/Forums/Thread/kcw-baja-team/#post-4635 said:
Easy build. Late beetle + good stock engine + big tires + some other dumb stuff = class 11
There's also these guys out of Moab that just finished their car like four days ago and are racing the 500... https://www.facebook.com/Team-No-Zombie-179839926081742/

Ordered MRP Ribbon coil.

Fuck that Fox 34. :mad:
Did you try two large and one small?