Quantcast

Which BC Cup

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Noticed the BC Cup schedule was posted over on NSMB.

http://www.nsmb.com/page/s/2845/bc-cup-race-schedule/

I'm thinking it would be cool to go to one, maybe two. Just wondering what would be the best one to go to (assuming I can afford it when the time comes)? Also, what are the XC races like? How long, how technical, how much is the entry fee? I've never done a XC race but I've been riding quite a bit and feel like I'm in good shape, it could be fun or maybe just painful.

Thanks

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Mt Wash and Sun Peaks are both burly, long, real DH courses. Good stuff. The ferry to Mt Wash makes it a long, expensive trip, but its' worth it. Just take Monday off for the drive back.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
Noticed the BC Cup schedule was posted over on NSMB.

http://www.nsmb.com/page/s/2845/bc-cup-race-schedule/

I'm thinking it would be cool to go to one, maybe two. Just wondering what would be the best one to go to (assuming I can afford it when the time comes)? Also, what are the XC races like? How long, how technical, how much is the entry fee? I've never done a XC race but I've been riding quite a bit and feel like I'm in good shape, it could be fun or maybe just painful.

Thanks
Do you have a UCI License? For the BC Cup you gotta have one.

Arduum and bear are super sick! I will be at both of those and maybe sunpeaks and mount wa.
I would say hit up Arduum for sure, it's super steep and gnarl

Last edited:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Mt Washington was my first choice because I've been wanting to go do some riding on Vancouver Island for about the last 5 years and just haven't got around to it. What is the closest one to the Peace Arch crossing? I was thinking if I do one make it a four or five day deal, but if I can only afford a weekend what ever is closest to the border would probably win out.

Also, how much is a UCI license? How much are the entry fees usually?