Quantcast

which beer should I drink?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
As some of you may know, my girl got a promotion, her product line expanded by 10x and now she's selling beer too!! :D :drool:

Don't get me wrong, I do love great wine and liquor, but I'm a simply guy. So, here's some leftover samples... any thing particular good? I've only had three of them before.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I love Black Butte porter. A friend of mine gave me a leather Black Butte coaster. Every morning I put my coffee on that coaster. Then I wish my coffee was a porter.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you have some liquid gold there.

absolute top-shelf stuff includes:
bridgeport stout
deschutes obsidian stout
deschutes black butte porter

belhaven's a nice scottish ale (just noticed it's a 'wee heavy' so it's probably stronger than the ones i've had). left hand also makes a good quality product.

tuborg is danish piss. murphy's stout is very solid, their red ale i haven't had but i can't say i'm a fan of red ale.

i don't know la rossa (sounds gay) or stoney creek (did it come w/ a hoodie?).

have fun.

lastly, did you voluntarily post this in the right forum, or did a mindful mod move it?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
OGRipper said:
I love Black Butte porter. A friend of mine gave me a leather Black Butte coaster. Every morning I put my coffee on that coaster. Then I wish my coffee was a porter.
that's damn funny, because it's true. :thumb:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
narlus said:
you have some liquid gold there.

absolute top-shelf stuff includes:
bridgeport stout
deschutes obsidian stout
deschutes black butte porter
cool! I've never had any of those.

narlus said:
tuborg is danish piss.
sounds nasty.

narlus said:
stoney creek (did it come w/ a hoodie?).
lmao

narlus said:
lastly, did you voluntarily post this in the right forum, or did a mindful mod move it?
oh snapple. Yes, I posted this proper :blah:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
I can't believe there's not a single IPA in the mix. :confused:
She sells IPAs, like Flying Dog, but since I drink a lot of Flying Dog -- entire product line -- I just didn't include it in the photo.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Murphy's Red is ok, best on tap.

The Black Butte Porter is awesome, one of my favorites recently. Haven't tried the Obsidian, but it sounds good.

Don't know any of the others, so just start tasting!

The Ito

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
narlus said:
Bridgeport Porter is even *better* than Deschutes, if you can believe it.
Really? Good to know. They make a really nice IPA. Out here, when you ask for an IPA, that is what you get. Sort of like when you ask for a pale you get Sierra Nevada. Consistantly good.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Tenchiro said:
While the Bridgeport IPA is one of my favorites. Their Porter is rubbish in comparison to Deschutes.
maybe i feel differently because the only time i've had it is from the brewery, on two different occasions. i :love: it.