Quantcast

Which bibs

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well my bibs are not feeling so good as they used to do i.e. they have started to rub. Cheap ones and I think they are wearing out. I went cheap on my first bibs now I really want a good pair of bibs and I think it could be a good time to find a 2009 or 2010 model on sale.

I don't mind spending some money but I am not spending stupid money like Assos pricing. What would you buy?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I've fallen in love with a new pair of Capos I just got. Not sure what model they are as it's a team kit, but it's like riding on a cloud.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I have a pair of Craft PB Tour bibs and a pair of Voler bibs that both seem really comfortable compared to Specialized and others I have tried, but the Craft stuff really seems like the best I've tried - the padding isn't too thick which I like. You might want to check them out.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Assos. No further discussion.
I query whether the bibs extraneous construction has more to do with comfort than the actual pad, given that the pads Assos uses are the same as a number of other companies (Cannondale, Capo, Rapha, etc).

That said, I had an ill-fitting pair of Rapha shorts for three days whose chamois rocked my world, and presently love my Capo bibs more than my Exteondo, Santini, and Nalini stuff put together.

http://www.elasticinterface.com/

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Are there any bibs that have a torso length measurement included? I've had some that were a little too short in the straps, which gets kind of uncomfortable.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I've fallen in love with a new pair of Capos I just got. Not sure what model they are as it's a team kit, but it's like riding on a cloud.
I have a low end set of Capo bibs and jersey (Modena). The bibs are very good in terms of fit and construction. The only complaints I have are that they tend to ride up (ie into my a$$) a bit and my skinny legs do not fully fill them out at the leg gripper. But I do like them overall. Favorites are still the Garneaus I talked about in another thread.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ended up getting Descente Avanti Pro bibs. Found them on sale marked down from 235 to 99. I also would love a torso length measurement but ended up calling Descente to have them help.