Quantcast

Which bike Norco six 1 or Giant Reign 2

Pogstar

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
I've finally narrowed my choice of bikes down to these 2. If you've ridden 1 or both, which one do you think will suit me better.
I want the bike for all mountain/freeride. I will need to be able to take 3-7 foot drops and do the occasional dj. I weight 160 and am 5.11'
they'll both cost me around $2000CND.

2006 Norco six 1

2005 Giant Reign 2

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
If you're gonna be doing more mountain trails than freeride stuff I would get the reign because it's probably lighter (i'm not exactly sure though). The Six would hold up to drops better.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I wouldn't even think about jumping the giant. It may hold up to some abuse but definitely not 7 foot drops. The Norco kills the giant in everything but the all mountain stuff. Looks like a better spec, as well as a better looking bike. True four bar. No hype. Get the Norco.

daviid

Chimp
Sep 16, 2006
ive ridden both..and the reign is an awesome bike for agressive trail riding where you want to be able to efficiently get up the hill, and dont get me wrong about the giant, it rails on the dh but i think the norco will take dh and dj abuse a lot better, and if i am not mistaken, it has a horst-link which means its goood

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I'd say the Six. It used to be really durable, but also really heavy. They lightened up the one that you have a picture of, but it's still a beefy-enough bike. The Reign is comparatively fragile, and when you say that you want it to hold up, my mind things "not the Reign." While the suspension on the Reign is awesome, the Norco has a Horst 4-bar, so that should be nearly as good. And while I don't know for sure, I'd be willing to bet that the geometry on the Reign is steeper than the Six, which means it will be easier to freeride on the Six.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
The norco for freeride stuff. I've heard the reign is just a longer travel cross country bike. Perfect if your not doing anything more than like a four ft. drop. But then again i haven't ridden either of them.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Norco.

A friend of mine has the Six and beats the hell out of it and its holding up real well.