Votes: 90 62.1%
  • right

Votes: 55 37.9%

• Total voters

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Righty, Right foot forward - biomechanics considers this the 'natural' stance. It may seem odd, but the dynamics are very different than board riding. It stems from strong foot forward for pedaling. And when I do a quick 'survey at a glance' while riding, I notice most people ride RFF, but in discussion claim LFF.

This is a weirder topic that u may realize! Not making it up! Gotta go find me some links.

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
I started the season with one foot forward (right I think) and forced myself to get comfortable with the other, and now I prefer the other.

My right foot is definitely my power foot for wheelie-ing over logs.

Right foot for cartwheels and left foot for walk-overs. Regular stance on a snowboard.

spxoo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2007
Im left forward, i switch it up in corners (smooth ones). But stunts and stuff definitely left foot out. I never thought about it. but i can definitely see the advantage in being able to do both well.

I snowboard regular and being able to ride both ways well helps do a lot more things. I cant ride switch in powder....

A friend of mine is one of the best people i get to snnowboard w/ and have seen snowboard. he snowboards one way and skateboards the other (hes pretty damn good at skating too). pretty weird

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
Right foot forward on bike...
it's weird because on snowboard i ride regular with left food forward.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Goofy for surfing, snowboarding, and riding. I can't skate very well either way but I'm goofy there too. Left handed and right footed. Right brain dominate...Or is that left brain. There's got to be a connection with all of this, but it seems everyone's is a little different.

I can jump switch (is that an appropriate usage of switch?) easier that I can snowboard and I can't ride switch while surfing. Actually, I'm going to try tomorrow morning and see if I can. It's been a while since I tried.