Quantcast

Which frame? Intense M3 or Intense Socom 09 or Devinci Wilson 4 or Giant Glory DH

soundstorm

Chimp
Jun 13, 2008
Hi folks,

so I decided to buy a new dh frame. Till now I had only freeriders and haven´t been racing yet. Riding only for fun and mostly used the freeride bike also for enduro trips. I am not a rookie in DHing but haven´t been doing DH really seriously so most probably there still soooo many thing to learn about DH skills.

Now I decided to buy 2 bikes - 1 enduro and 1 DH rig.
So the question is now for the DH frame.

Which frame would be the best for me. All frames would be new, with warranty and size medium. The price is actually the same for each of the frames. The rest parts would be Fox 40, syncros wheels, avid code etc...

So which one?
Intense M3 2007
Intense Socom 2009
Devinci Wilson 4 2009
Giant Glory DH

please do not suggest any other frames. As I got the possibility to choose only from these for such a good price.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
You should really try to ride the bikes that you are looking at. The are all high end bikes and I'm sure that even with your "good price" you will still be spending a good chunk of money. My initial impression is that the Glory is outclassed if they are all the same price and that the M3 will be a better DH bike for someone that wants to race but doesn't have much racing experience as the Socom has a steep HA. I don't know much about the Devinci. Of course this is all coming from an arm chair critic who spends more time in front of his keyboard than on the trails.