Quantcast

Which hotels in Whistler 100% for sure let you bring your bike?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys,

I got this figured out to a science on how I am gonna get there and what not, but the only thing I can't find is what exact hotels that are around $100 a night let you take your bike into the room with you? I found lots that say bike lock up but have been far warned about this. I'd feel much more comfortable taking it with me and locking it up :)

SO what hotels do let you take it in? I can only go off of what the whistler blackcomb website gives for hotels as that is what the package deal is from (easiest to plan) and cost is about what it should be. I'm looking at spending about $1100 for a 5-6 day trip out of southern california and staying in Whistler, and I figured another few hundred for food/lift tickets etc....

Just wondering what known, 100% hotels let you sleep with your bike :) ?

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
We stayed in the Lake Placid Inn 2 weeks ago and they didnt even have people manning the front desk. We had to check in at the Glacier Inn and then drive back to Creekside. With so little staffing we never got harrased for taking our bikes up into our room.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We have been here a few times.

http://www.whistlerestays.com/properties/property.asp?prop_id=13

There isnt really a front desk you pass so we just bring our bikes up from the secure parking garage. They are right across from the main parking lot also. Very easy to get to the lifts, close to the action of the village. Cheap if you cram 5-6 in a room. Kitchen, blacony, VCR, ect. A good place. Im sure there are lots of others that compare....but this is the only place other than camping ive staied.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by oly
We have been here a few times.

http://www.whistlerestays.com/properties/property.asp?prop_id=13

There isnt really a front desk you pass so we just bring our bikes up from the secure parking garage. They are right across from the main parking lot also. Very easy to get to the lifts, close to the action of the village. Cheap if you cram 5-6 in a room. Kitchen, blacony, VCR, ect. A good place. Im sure there are lots of others that compare....but this is the only place other than camping ive staied.
I looked at your link and at an Expedia site for the same hotel. Expedia was a bout half the price!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by -BB-
I looked at your link and at an Expedia site for the same hotel. Expedia was a bout half the price!!
Score! Ill have to remember that. We usually call and ask for their specials... we never paid the price on their site, but never 1/2 off! thanks for the tip...

SoSoFloLo

Chimp
Jun 4, 2004
Seattle
We usually stay at the Lost Lake Lodge.

Same deal as the other pseudo-hotels that have privately owned rooms: there's often no one on site at the front desk.

Someone comes by and locks the bike storage room around 10 and then unlocks it around 9 the next morning. Even it you wanted to put in the storage locker, you can't once it's locked for the night. The keycards don't work. We discovered that if you want your bike before 9, you better keep it with you.

If you check in late (like we did) they just tell you to take it up to your room for the night.

There are plenty of signs saying that's a no,no... but there's no one to enforce it.

felixy69

Chimp
Apr 11, 2002
VaNcOuVeR......KiTs
i dun think u can put ur bike in any hotel..but u can always sneak it in.....i stayed in a hotel there once and u sneak my bike in....i am pretty sure they are use to ppl having bikes in it....they just say they dun wanna have bikes in it..but they dun really care