Quantcast

Which wheelset for my double?

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I thought I had my heart set, but I want to hear some other peoples opinions just to make sure. Which would be the best (money aside) wheelset for my transition double (which will be used for urban, freeriding, dj and 4x).

If you have any experience, please share.

Halo tornado
halo combat
transition revolution

I've never tried any of these, but I ride with people who do and none of them have failed yet, so right now, the only diff I se is that the halos are 1.7 lbs and .7 pounds heavier than the revolutions. Anyone know how the hubs hold up and perform?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
halos are extremely beefy wheels, very strong end stiff, but massive. i'd vote for the transitions because they are light, cheap, strong, and you can get them in cool colors. i seriously haven't heard any complaints yet about them.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I looked at out laws, but can get the best deal w/ the latters (not sur if im supposed to us an s on that). I want something that wont flatspot or crack, has good rear hub engagement and isn't a boat anchor. They also have to be white.

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
i have tornado's built on hadley and a diatech front, dt spokes and nips. I havent had any complaints w/ them...been riding them for about a year. I ride primarily dirt, park and street. Just learned bunny hop 180's and they've been taking a beating, but still ride pretty damn true. I only weigh 150-160...but i think they are plenty strong.