Quantcast

Whistler Accomodations

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
I'm gonna be out there from some time in late july for around 2 weeks. Throw some names at me of good places to stay. First choice is a nice place that is right at the lifts, that would rock. I'm stayin with one other person so I don't need to rent out a huge house/condo dealie, just a room and someplace that i can put my bikes. What do you guys got? Where have you stayed before?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Just call the number on the webpage for general reservations and tell them what you want. You can choose ammenities. Hottub, laundry, in the village etc. Save your quote number but don't book the room. Then call back in an hour or so and do the same thing. It's not like they're trying to rip you off, but the quote will vary by alot depending on how they enter it into they're computer. I have always found the best rates by going thru them. Avoid the local private hotels.

As for being close to the lift. Almost everything is 5min ride to the lift except creekside. If you want close close you are going to pay more and the rooms will be louder because of all the yahoos drinkin and partyin. Plus, I have found that the rooms aren't as nice because they are much older. The places that are a couple of blocks out are newer and super nice.

Places that I really liked:
Stoneycreek: private condo with multiply bedrooms. Stay here with your women and multiply friends
Marketplace: Hotel style upstairs from the liquor store and
S'bucks. Close to lift. Stay here with your buddy when you going super cheap.

Thats my 2 cents. Have fun

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
their site says 1km to whistler village. that alittle more than half a mile. I'm going to be there 9 nights in August and i need a cheap place.

is .62 of a mile too far ?? what's up?

joel

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by joel hester
their site says 1km to whistler village. that alittle more than half a mile. I'm going to be there 9 nights in August and i need a cheap place.

is .62 of a mile too far ?? what's up?

joel
It might not be for you but I wouldn't feel like riding 5/8 of a mile on a full DH rig after doing 10 runs and having a beer at the pub. Plus, most of the nightlife is in the village and its nice to be able to walk home after drinking and not have to take a cab.
Just take it into consideration when booking your room.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Anywhere in Whistler Village is no more than a couple minutes'walk from the lifts, and some places are as close as a couple hundred feet. Go to whistlerblackcomb.com, and search for a room in Whistler Village (there are several other areas as well, but Whistler Village is the one at the base of Whistler Mountain, where the biking chairs are). You'll be astounded at how many hotels/condos/neighborhood-type-areas there are.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Alluradirect.com has listings for hundreds of privately-owned condos, townhouses, and other places to stay. The asking prices are on the high side, sometimes you can knock it down but you go through an agent and the decision is usually left to the owner.

I'm going in two weeks and scored a townhouse for $75/night canadian.

I said canadian, not acadian :D

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
The closet to the lifts are the Pan Pacific, The Westin, The Delta Resort, and I think The Carlisle is the name of the other one right there. The Pan, Westin are VERY nice but not cheap so it depends how much you want to pay. The Delta isn't as nice but not much less. There is also a Holiday Inn Sunspree about a three to five minute walk from the lifts and many other older, kinda dumpy, cheaper ones all through the village. I was just up there last week and they are remoldeling some of the older ones, the Crystal and the Blackcomb, but don't know when they will be ready. Expedia.com provides photos and descriptions of most of the whistler hotels/lodges wether you book with them or not its a good place to compare.

Budman

Chimp
Nov 14, 2003
Seattle
The Westin is a super nice place and its about 10 seconds to the lifts.. I can see guys coming down the hill 50 feet away from my room there.. I only stay there because i have an aunt that hooks me up with a suite for about 29.99 dollars a night which is frickin sick... Got to love family :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by buildyourown
Careful, that isn't riding distance to the lifts. Also, you'll have more fun if you stay close to the village.

However, the boot is REALLY fun on Tues nights. We are planning a boys only trip for my engaged friend in July.
Its a 7 minutes DRUNK ride to the base...thats dang close.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by Budman
The Westin is a super nice place and its about 10 seconds to the lifts.. I can see guys coming down the hill 50 feet away from my room there.. I only stay there because i have an aunt that hooks me up with a suite for about 29.99 dollars a night which is frickin sick... Got to love family :D
for location it can't be beat. Happens to be where I work too. If you get a mountain facing room in the east tower you can bike right into your room too :)

Do a search, I have given lots of info on finding places in town. The closest places were named by DHTRAVELLER though as he basically named all the hotels that surround the base (delta is currently closed for renos)

Cheers