Quantcast

Whistler Q?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
EDIT: that trail actually was open...its super gnar though, way worse then it looks...basically like straight down. I was on that trail on a wet day and it was near inpossible to even walk down that one section with the pads on the trees...

I just double checked all the photos...i definatly walked down that rooty section, I remember the trees and where they were cut because the 3 other guys I was with, and I all were trying to find good ways to walk down it without falling...if you can do that trail on a wet day, props to you!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
SMURFS.......Have room for 1 more?
<---Over 25, I can get the hotel room in Canada. Besides, you said I need to ride more to get better....LOL

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
That narly steep section ispart of lower joyride, one of the best trails on the lower mountain. I think you can still go the old way with the ladder as a option around that section. The top part of the course was just down a ski run with off camber grassy turns, there are much better options to get to lower joyride.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
That narly steep section ispart of lower joyride, one of the best trails on the lower mountain. I think you can still go the old way with the ladder as a option around that section. The top part of the course was just down a ski run with off camber grassy turns, there are much better options to get to lower joyride.
Yeah you can go right on to the ladder drop or go left to the sketch steep section.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
scott, its harder to walk to your bike in the wet!

and tyler you lucky bastard, that trail looks like fun! i miss whistler
Actually its harder to ride it when you have no room to get going (settle your foot on your pedal) and when its roots gallore.

I'd like to see you do that section when I was there, none of the guys I was with hit it (we started to...but realized it wasnt a good idea).

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Actually its harder to ride it when you have no room to get going (settle your foot on your pedal) and when its roots gallore.

I'd like to see you do that section when I was there, none of the guys I was with hit it (we started to...but realized it wasnt a good idea).
hit crack addict with mud almost to your rotors and talk to me about sketch

and to back up my previous statement, i personally think its easier to ride down then walk down, you dont need room to settle your foot, throw it on the pedal and ride, theres always enough time to get your foot on the ppedal it takes a split second

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
it's defiantly one of the harder things I've ever ridden. that section was GNARLY in the rain. I rode it 4 times twice in the wet, twice in the damp.
I have no idea how I didn't crash.

when world cup pros are opting not to race, you know it's a gnarly section.

eren, arn't you in scotland?

Kyle,

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
hit crack addict with mud almost to your rotors and talk to me about sketch
Do you or anyone for that matter have pictures of that? I'v rode Crack Addict plenty of times in the mud and it was never more than about an inch or two of slime.

The trail looks fun, I'll have to hit it next time I'm up there.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
^^wasn't up to rotors when I went through that same day, looks like eren's been at the pub again

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
^^wasn't up to rotors when I went through that same day, looks like eren's been at the pub again
I agree.

If it was dry when we were there, we may have tried it...but its way sketch when the roots are all damp, since they're exposed and different directions.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
everything is more fun in the wet and mud, makes it interesting. we rode goats gully two years ago when it was raining and the sign at the bottom of the lift said, "riding not reccomended" it was fuuuuunnnnnn. haha.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
it's defiantly one of the harder things I've ever ridden. that section was GNARLY in the rain. I rode it 4 times twice in the wet, twice in the damp.
I have no idea how I didn't crash.

when world cup pros are opting not to race, you know it's a gnarly section.

eren, arn't you in scotland?

Kyle,
im near london, my dad wants to send me up for the worlds, but i dont wanna go alone. but IM GOING!!!

it didnt rain when we went.

and actually i was at the pub :)
haha, but now its 7 am i have a headache and im getting ready for shcool

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
everything is more fun in the wet and mud, makes it interesting. we rode goats gully two years ago when it was raining and the sign at the bottom of the lift said, "riding not reccomended" it was fuuuuunnnnnn. haha.
yeah we road goats gully when it was raining too...fun, but super sketch...haha.