Quantcast

whistler thurs,fri,sat. who's goin?

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
I've got me a spot at riverside and a debit card full of money. Headin up thursday morning, leavin saturday night.

any other local monkey gonna be up there?

I'll be in the singles line on a green iron horse sgs pro with monter energy stickers on it.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Hey Corey. It's Tage. I should be up there Saturday, I'm leaving the island THursday morning, stopping at the shore Fri. On to Whistler.
YOu might see me on peters monkey. YOu could also see michael on a blue evo with a red Jr. T.
Have fun!

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
ioscope said:
Hey Corey. It's Tage. I should be up there Saturday, I'm leaving the island THursday morning, stopping at the shore Fri. On to Whistler.
YOu might see me on peters monkey. YOu could also see michael on a blue evo with a red Jr. T.
Have fun!
Tage you idiot, were going up thursday rideing the shore thursday and then rideing whistler fri and sat. See all you guys up there.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i didn't go today either....my girlfriend got sick last night so i stayed to take care of her. But now since i was being nice she told me to forget about the plans we had sun-mon and i'm going to be up both days!!!! :thumb:

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
bibs said:
WHAT!!!??? what happened?? :(
over cleared a table on a-line, looked at a big rock i didnt want to hit, hit it, stuck out foot for impact, crushed it.

Thought I was fine, rode back down to village, noticed massive swelling problem, medic found me, i refused ambulance ride, got free ride in truck, waited around in the whistler medical clinic for like 4 hours, saw xrays, got cast, crutched it to glc resturant to eat and so on

put a pretty wide crack in my fibula (sp?) down near my ancle. cast for 6 weeks, crutches for 4, cane later.

really screwed with me being a mechanic at greggs and all, hard to move bikes up stairs and such...or move them at all really.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Bummer about the crash. A-line is really chewing people up this year. So is bikercross for that matter.

Ok this is nutty. You are literally (and not overexagerating) the 8th person with that injury in 4 months. Thats just crazy. You didn't need plates and pins I hope?

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
Roasted said:
Bummer about the crash. A-line is really chewing people up this year. So is bikercross for that matter.

Ok this is nutty. You are literally (and not overexagerating) the 8th person with that injury in 4 months. Thats just crazy. You didn't need plates and pins I hope?
naw i got lucky there, it's a bad break but not quite bad enough for surgury. if the gap in the bone was any bigger i would have needed to tho.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Roasted said:
I almost had a really bad crash on A-Line, on the first tabletop (the one under the lift, after the initial steep part and sharp corner. There seems to be some sort of kink in the lip, which was kicking my rear wheel up, and making me nose-case the jump. Once I figured out how to compensate for it, it wasn't so bad, but it sure caught me by surprise when I first hit that jump. I really wish they would fix that.

I preferred the pre-Crankworx version of the Bikercross course, because I thought it was simply more fun to ride. I think the new version is, although fun for pros, just too big and hard for a lot of people.