Quantcast

whistler upper mountain

Apr 10, 2007
Anyone heard when the upper mountain will be open? I haven't seen any mention of an opening date on the forums lately. Any chance it'll be open for my trip up next weekend?:homer:

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
im hearin the 28th but now hearin the 30th which is this saturday, so im guessing 30th it opened this saturday last yearr. . . or the saturday before. . either way im hearin the 30th. hopefully ash will chime in here. .

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
yea ill be there on friday sat sun, ill be on the sunday with bright red wheels

i LOVE garbo in the wet! so sketchy and fun
anythings better than swallowing clumps of dust mid july.

Ill be up there July 4th- 8th.... should be prime

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
All of the upper mountain was still closed as of Fri the 22nd (we were up all that week). If it is open by this coming weekend I'll bet it will be very limited - - everything is still pretty soggy higher up.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
So you're not bringing the RFX?
Oh...well...yeah, I forgot to mention that that bikey will be makin' the trip as well....I gotta get that bad boy up there to see if I want to enter the biker cross...I think it'll be perfect for the course, now the engine is the only thing that needs tuning :disgust: If I get knocked out in the first round, it won't be the worst thing...:twitch:

I'll prolly run it for the Air DH and the DS too...gotta see how it likes A-line. Should be a fun-packed weekend!

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
word, im taking up the sunday and double, i wanna see how the double handles the 4x and a line, and the DS course if its built
the dual slalom isn't built yet, at least not the real DS course. the 4x is pretty gnarly so if you can huck it on the double then go for it but i have a feeling you'll like the sunday more on the 4x

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Heh...well, I survived. First Garbo run of the new season...wet, slick, snotty. Didn't realize that Original Sin was the only way down part of the mountain...so, steep rock faces that are super wet were the order of the day. Then I found myself on In Deep quite by accident...I made it to the bottom and I had survived, so I considered myself victorious. Then Schleyer happened...and I was glad I brought my Turner up, cause otherwise my weekend would've been over at about 3pm on Saturday. Now I'm just sore. So Wednesday will be a bike work day.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Heh...well, I survived. First Garbo run of the new season...wet, slick, snotty. Didn't realize that Original Sin was the only way down part of the mountain...so, steep rock faces that are super wet were the order of the day. Then I found myself on In Deep quite by accident...I made it to the bottom and I had survived, so I considered myself victorious. Then Schleyer happened...and I was glad I brought my Turner up, cause otherwise my weekend would've been over at about 3pm on Saturday. Now I'm just sore. So Wednesday will be a bike work day.
Did you trash the Rotec? How'd you like riding the Turner in that stuff? I like riding mine up there...then again I don't have much choice. I'm hoping to head up there this weekend.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Did you trash the Rotec? How'd you like riding the Turner in that stuff? I like riding mine up there...then again I don't have much choice. I'm hoping to head up there this weekend.
Not too badly. I was more cheesed off that all the peeps on the lift saw me tank it on the little rock after the Schleyer ladder drop...After Wed, all will be good. Forced me to ride my Turner though. It handled A-Line just fine, except for the couple of flats I had to endure. I need some DH cased Kenda 2.5's ....the folding bead single-ply sh*t just doesn't do it for me...So I'll take the 1 lb. weight penalty...It was a ton of fun to ride a smaller bike up there! It goes zoom.

Oh yeah...the 4x is a no-go. I need more skillz.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Very hot weather coming up. I am thinking by Friday, its going to be a ton better. Rode Freight Train from the top today and 90% of it was dry.

The first section of Original Sin is still a river. In Deep and Goats Gully, are still extremely wet.

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
I just got back from Mother Whistler and Aunt Garbo was in a bad mood. Super Gnarly. Made me pucker up like an old lady.

I tried to hit "The Containers" on Sat. but the mud had other plans for me. I cranked like hell from that berm 100yrds out but just couldn't get the speed.

On a brighter note, I got thru the 4-Pack on A-line perfectly for the first time today. It was the my virgin bike park run on the new 5" travel MKIII. It was so dope. I think the bike was made specifically for A-line. Well, that and Dirty.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I just got back from Mother Whistler and Aunt Garbo was in a bad mood. Super Gnarly. Made me pucker up like an old lady.

I tried to hit "The Containers" on Sat. but the mud had other plans for me. I cranked like hell from that berm 100yrds out but just couldn't get the speed.

On a brighter note, I got thru the 4-Pack on A-line perfectly for the first time today. It was the my virgin bike park run on the new 5" travel MKIII. It was so dope. I think the bike was made specifically for A-line. Well, that and Dirty.
What was open up top?