Quantcast

Whistler weather this weekend?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by chunga
can anyone give me a ride back to b-ham on sat night?

puh-leease!
Can you have someone bring your bike back? We peobably wont have room for it, but ar driving in a 2 passenger car. Will you be up sat? Ill look for ya.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by MUTOLI
Bummer! What happend to you staying the weekend Damon? Snacks and Trailhacker must not be going? See you up there...
(I just went and got some rain pants for this weekend):D
Yea, i thought you guys werent going. THe threat of rain changed the plans. I also had to make some comprimises at home so im just doing the day trip. August ill plan a 2-3 day trip.

See ya up there.

CANT WAIT!!

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Originally posted by chunga
can anyone give me a ride back to b-ham on sat night?

puh-leease!
damon and I are comming back sat night and might be able to fit ya in...depending on how we have the rack situation working. I have two roof racks (yakima downtube style) and damon has one rack with the fork up jobbie so depending on the setup we could swing 3 bikes on it.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by shootr
Rode in Pembie after work today.. all the rock and roots were dry.. the trail itself was dry.. but not dusty... in fact it was one of the best riding days this month.:)
Its a little wet here. We do have some wetness but not as bad as a couple of days ago thats for sure. Definately rideable.

Who did not come to Whistler...
It was a perfect day.
the temp was a little chilly on the chair...but that means it was perfect riding down.
A line was sticky, fast and just awesome.
Dirt Merchant was "like buttah"
Schleyer was muddy and slippery in sections.. but over all it was awesome
Whistler downhill was so perfect I almost can't believe that it was the same course.
Rode the new trail, Smoke and mirrors.. easy, but fun nonetheless...very flowy.

Overall it was just right.
:cool:

Flips

Chimp
Jun 3, 2002
whistler
HAHAHHA..its sick up here, this is Bibs...and it is good!..my car got broken into theough and i didnt ride today ....bad day..but tomorrow here and the shore...C-YA

Well today sucked ass.. I went into town and it was a steady drizzle.. I made a crappy run down Aline.. then I shook my head (and all the mud off of it!) and remembered that when I left Pemberton this morning.... It was warm and sunny.
So I suggested to everyone to rendevouz at my place and we do some shuttles ... Well.... to all of you who did NOT take up my offer.. well you are silly, always trust a local.
(those who did take my offer are at this very moment bragging to others about the weather)

Just to show you I took some pics....:cool:

Attachments

I did not bother bringing my camera to the trail... as we were going to surely be spending more time actually RIDING.
(sorry to rub this in folks, but this is the reason I LIVE in pemberton, and for most of you there is a standing offer to come crash here and join me and my friends in the shuttles)

Attachments

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
I was up for Saturday only and the weather was perfect. A few sun breaks a couple of small showers. The trails were a tad slick in places earlier on but the afternoon was perfect...tacky and quality. It was funny because from just north of Squamish all the way to Seattle was nasty dark pouring rain but whistler was super nice...hooray for mountain weather

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by SR
I was up for Saturday only and the weather was perfect. A few sun breaks a couple of small showers. The trails were a tad slick in places earlier on but the afternoon was perfect...tacky and quality. It was funny because from just north of Squamish all the way to Seattle was nasty dark pouring rain but whistler was super nice...hooray for mountain weather
Yea, what he said! Thanks again for driving SR. We will have to do it again, but next time ill get 2 cans of rock star and a cup of java so i dont fall asleep in seattle........

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Thaks for the Pembie ride, Buddy! Next time we ride I want to go conquer that rock face roller of DEATH! Kim and I are thinking of coming back up thursday night to do Friday Extended Play riding, if it's not raining that is. Hell, maybe even if it is!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Well, for everyone that has said it was perfect weather...you must have left before Monday...we stayed and we didn't even get to ride on Monday...they closed everything but B-Line, and when we were leaving at 11:00 Ethan said they didn't even have the chair lift going....
But, Saturday was awesome...Sunday was pretty wet and sloppy! We still had a great time though.:D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Sat did end up being a nice day, and I was very happy once they opened up Whistler Downhill later in the day.

As for Sun, we decided to opt out to do the rain and cold.

We sucked it up and rode on Mon though, and it was sloppy!!! But Crack Addict and parts of the National Course were still open so we still got some good hard runs in.

And along with the rain Mon, it seemed that the bears were out in full force. Never saw a single one last year, and saw 4 or more on Mon!!! Even a mama and two cubs!!! Definitely made sure we kept our distance from mama though :eek:

Well.. see you all should have followed my advice and come to pembie.. those are pictures from SUNDAY.. monday was just as nice here.

Steve, there is no extended play on friday yet.. only saturdays until Garbanzo opens.