Quantcast

Whistler

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Went up to whistler and rode on Saturday....damn that place is getting way too popular...at least nobody rides Schleyer or clown shoes! Aaaaaah the sweet sweet nectar of A-line...its good for the soul. Dirt merchant is even popular with grouse now. Stubborn creatures those can be....and not to bright either.
Some other observations:
When dump trucks tip over they make loud noises.

Lots of washboard on A-line...left over from last year?

Having B-Line merge into Dirt Merchant at the fastest section is not a good idea...never noticed this before.
:angry:

Velocity Girl is everywhere.

Don't sleep underneath a pickup when it is raining.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I'm just more noticeable because of the pink helmet :p

We rode Sunday, but only a 1/2 day. My fork had decided to seize up a bit Saturday, so my hands and arms got worked over big time on all the washboard stuff :(

I was still feeling it Sunday, and after a few hours of riding I made two stupid mistakes on Schleyer that had the potential to turn nasty... so I decided it was probably best to call it a day!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by deelux 247
:devil: You probably wouldn't have to worry about the b-line merge if you weren't going so slow!!! ha ha!!! Look out for the green bomber.
Your just jealous cause you weren't there....ehhhh!!

huckerAJ

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
I'm just more noticeable because of the pink helmet :p

We rode Sunday, but only a 1/2 day. My fork had decided to seize up a bit Saturday, so my hands and arms got worked over big time on all the washboard stuff :(

I was still feeling it Sunday, and after a few hours of riding I made two stupid mistakes on Schleyer that had the potential to turn nasty... so I decided it was probably best to call it a day!
What fork????

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by huckerAJ
What fork????
Manitou Slider Plus.

It didn't seize up. She crashed on the rock slab on Upper Whistler DH and the fork got twisted up in the crowns which caused them to bind up and not compress easily.

I noticed it when I was working on her bike later than evening. After we got them straightened out the fork was fine.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by toughguymagee
I am going to have to check all of these out this weekend. GoFstDH and I are going to be heading up there.

No good to hear about the arms and fork VG.
Wait, no winthrop? Dude no one is going!!!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by Freak
Manitou Slider Plus.

It didn't seize up. She crashed on the rock slab on Upper Whistler DH and the fork got twisted up in the crowns which caused them to bind up and not compress easily.

I noticed it when I was working on her bike later than evening. After we got them straightened out the fork was fine.
Well to me it felt like it was seized ;) :p :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I knew I should have yelled out freak. I was standing at the base of whistler on Sunday when you guys were leaving (I think you were leaving, you were both biking away from the mountain) I just saw the bikes and realized who it was....didn't feel like yelling freak accross the bottom of a mountain.

Ragin, being busy is the whole reason I will ride midweek when my leg heals. No tourists and lots of open spaces :)

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by Roasted
I knew I should have yelled out freak. I was standing at the base of whistler on Sunday when you guys were leaving (I think you were leaving, you were both biking away from the mountain) I just saw the bikes and realized who it was....didn't feel like yelling freak accross the bottom of a mountain.
Oh hell.....just yell anyway!!!

:D

We'll be back up there May 29,30, and 31st.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by ragin-sagin
Your just jealous cause you weren't there....ehhhh!!
We are still waiting for you and the other Tri-City boys to come ride up here with trailhacker and I! You guys really need to check out the dh trails around Seattle.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
The reason (1 of them) why black diamond runs run into or onto green runs is for escape. Lots of families and riders don't have a clue how technical black diamond is and get stuck. Thats gives them a way to leave. :)

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by Snacks
We are still waiting for you and the other Tri-City boys to come ride up here with trailhacker and I! You guys really need to check out the dh trails around Seattle.
That should be happening in the not too distant future...I got a good friend that just moved up there...although trying to get the "other" Tri-City riders to go anywhere is like getting blood from a turnip.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
That should be happening in the not too distant future...I got a good friend that just moved up there...although trying to get the "other" Tri-City riders to go anywhere is like getting blood from a turnip.
Cool :) Just let us know. Trailhacker and I will show you around the area!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i go up there a few times a year and stay with my friend in kirkland. i lived in kirkland from 9months old to 13 years. i'm glad i'm out of the rain, but the dh trails are definitely better there. we also have a cabin in leavenworth to get a break from the desert.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Originally posted by freeridekid
oh yeah. ragin, how long did it take you to get to whistler?
We stopped and rode the shore on friday so it wasn't a straight shot, but it usually takes about 7 hours. Saturday we left at 5:30 and got back here at 1:30 in the morning...but I had to drop off a friend in Bellingham and one in Seattle so that took a while. The drive sucks, no doubt about it.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I had a choice between sitting in the back of a pickup truck in Winthrop or sitting in the Gondola at Whistler. I wil miss hanging out with everyone...but I should be at some other WIM races this year.
It's understandable...plus aren't the shuttles at Winthrop pretty bad?

We are really starting to think twice about traveling for the races and riding...gas prices are getting out of control.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington

We are really starting to think twice about traveling for the races and riding...gas prices are getting out of control.
I agree with the gas prices.....YUCK!!! Up in whistler we just paid $1.05 litre.......That's a lot more expensive than the prices here! Make sure you fill up before you cross the border!

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street

Yeah, no shuttle moving trucks..just in the back of pickup trucks. It makes it a bit less desireable. I 100% agree with you on the gas prices...its crazy!

Yeah, no shuttle moving trucks..just in the back of pickup trucks. It makes it a bit less desireable. I 100% agree with you on the gas prices...its crazy!
I would ratrher ride inthe back of pick up than one of those big coffin on wheels!!!

At least you get a little fresh air....sure beats the dark, dusty, stank box!!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Freak
I agree with the gas prices.....YUCK!!! Up in whistler we just paid $1.05 litre.......That's a lot more expensive than the prices here! Make sure you fill up before you cross the border!
I know it could always be worse..like in California or Canada, but that doesn't mean we can afford it! We are currently in the process of buying a diesel car. Our big white truck hasn't moved for over 2 weeks!!

Do they sell diesel in Canada?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Thats chelan not winthrop, unless they are doing things different.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by PsychO!1
I would ratrher ride inthe back of pick up than one of those big coffin on wheels!!!

At least you get a little fresh air....sure beats the dark, dusty, stank box!!!
Psychos going to winthrop? Dont you guys camp? Is the camping free? We are doing the KOA because of the lure of showers. Its still real cheap.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
I know it could always be worse..like in California or Canada, but that doesn't mean we can afford it! We are currently in the process of buying a diesel car. Our big white truck hasn't moved for over 2 weeks!!

Do they sell diesel in Canada?
Yes, the diesel in Canada was around $.80litre. I'm not sure about the conversion on that though. I would love to have a Dieselfied vehicle.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Assuming a conversion rate of .72 USD per 1 CDL, it comes to about 2.18 per gallon, just about what is costs here in washington....Hey snacks wanna buy a 01 cummins diesel instead? I got one for sale! What would it take to get you into this truck?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Assuming a conversion rate of .72 USD per 1 CDL, it comes to about 2.18 per gallon, just about what is costs here in washington....Hey snacks wanna buy a 01 cummins diesel instead? I got one for sale! What would it take to get you into this truck?
Is that yours? I saw it at the xc race in Spokane.....Is it a 4 door? Why do you wanna sell it? What's your mpg city and hwy?

I didn't think they sold diesel in the Tri-Cities :p (I can poke fun, cause I grew up there!!)

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
It is mine, and it is a 4 door, and it was at the xc race in spokane, and they do sell diesel in the Tri-cits...:D :D ...Depending on the speed I drive on the highway I will get between 17 and 22. 17 if I drive around 80, and about an extra mpg for every 10 miles per hour less than that (at around 50 it gets better than 20)...It gets good mileage in city driving for some reason, usually around 18 or 19, I think that can be attributed to the 6 speed. I ALREADY bought another truck so this ones got to go! I think some guy from Utah is gonna fly up here and get, but we will see. Its got an adjustable power box in it, so it gets better than 325hp and over 750 lb-ft of torque at the wheel...plenty of power for shuttling a load of bikes...:D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
It is mine, and it is a 4 door, and it was at the xc race in spokane, and they do sell diesel in the Tri-cits...:D :D ...Depending on the speed I drive on the highway I will get between 17 and 22. 17 if I drive around 80, and about an extra mpg for every 10 miles per hour less than that (at around 50 it gets better than 20)...It gets good mileage in city driving for some reason, usually around 18 or 19, I think that can be attributed to the 6 speed. I ALREADY bought another truck so this ones got to go! I think some guy from Utah is gonna fly up here and get, but we will see. Its got an adjustable power box in it, so it gets better than 325hp and over 750 lb-ft of torque at the wheel...plenty of power for shuttling a load of bikes...:D
It's too pretty to shuttle with, we already have a shuttle truck with a 15 bike trailer. Whatever we get will be for me to drive. What the milage on it? Did you put a lift on it? Sorry for all the questions!! :o:

I'll show it to trailhacker and see what he thinks.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
It's too pretty to shuttle with, we already have a shuttle truck with a 15 bike trailer. Whatever we get will be for me to drive. What the milage on it? Did you put a lift on it? Sorry for all the questions!! :o:

I'll show it to trailhacker and see what he thinks.
Yeah but its a dodge. I thought you guys only bought chevys.;)

I gotta give you a thumbs up for going for the deisel car. Once you have a VW TDI you will never go back. The only reason I still drive my old truck is that I can't afford a new deisel rig. I'm saving for the new Dodge Sprinter diesel van.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by buildyourown
Yeah but its a dodge. I thought you guys only bought chevys.;)

I gotta give you a thumbs up for going for the deisel car. Once you have a VW TDI you will never go back. The only reason I still drive my old truck is that I can't afford a new deisel rig. I'm saving for the new Dodge Sprinter diesel van.
:drool: :drool: :drool:
I know, Kevin isn't too hot on the Dodge's :rolleyes:

Didn't you guys just buy a diesel bug? How do you like it? We are really leaning towards VW diesel wagon(manual tranny of course), trading in one of his trucks and one of mine.

Those Sprinter vans are nice....when you get one please don't let Kevin see it, cause that will be the next item on his list!