Quantcast

Whistler

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
We're headed up today after work for our last trip to Whistler this year......God I hope it doesn't rain all weekend!!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Freak said:
We're headed up today after work for our last trip to Whistler this year......God I hope it doesn't rain all weekend!!!
:think:
FRI PM
JUN 11 SAT
JUN 12 SUN
JUN 13 MON
JUN 14 TUE
JUN 15 WED
JUN 16

HIGH 11°C 11°C 12°C 12°C 8°C 19°C
LOW - 4°C 4°C 3°C 1°C -2°C
CONDITION Cloudy with showers Variable cloudiness Scattered showers Variable cloudiness Cloudy with sunny breaks Cloudy periods
P.O.P. 40% 40% 40% 30% 20% 10%
WIND S 5 km/h SW 10 km/h SW 15 km/h S 15 km/h SW 10 km/h calm

Updated : Thursday June 10 2004, 9:05 PDT

Awww hell!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CABC0322.htm

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
It was supposed to rain last weekend as well, but it turned out to be ok. Well except for my mishap on "Old School". Beware of wet wood. :nope:

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Holy s***. I'm so tired of it not being sunny when I am able to go. Every week for my day off the weather reports say its going to look great. But oh wait, 2 days before it turns to puke. I'm going on sunday no matter what and A-line sure as hell better be open.

:mumble:

ahhh I feel better.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
You do realize this is canada and it is still spring in a very wet province...whatr do you want? Come july everything will be dry.

Besides that, it was perfectly clear yesterday and dry as sin.

And damn I love that emoticon...haha he kills me

Seriously peeps.. Expect a few very light showers.. enough to keep the dust down and the trails tight.
We are shuttling in Pemberton on Sunday almost all day.. (filming requirements) the weather here is typically sunny and extremely hot.
We will be doing Cop Killer, among others.. and we might make a foray back to "the 306"..
If you are bringing your "A" game and want to join us, PM me... Or just stop me on Saturday in the bike park and let me know..
I will be riding my Black Letoy 3.
Peace

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Hey Shootr,

You going to the Collective premier? Its saturday night at the base of the mountain with the afterparty moving to the glc? The movie itself is free.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Roasted said:
Hey Shootr,

You going to the Collective premier? Its saturday night at the base of the mountain with the afterparty moving to the glc? The movie itself is free.

So does the movie live up to the hype? Our premiere is this Thursday, and I'm wondering if it's worth checking out.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Actually...I fell asleep. I totally forgot to go. Decided to hit the hottub and woke up at 10:30...oh well. I keep hearing good things though.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Roasted said:
Actually...I fell asleep. I totally forgot to go. Decided to hit the hottub and woke up at 10:30...oh well. I keep hearing good things though.

Hahhahha....oh well, maybe Shootr went. Thursday is our premiere..it would be a good excuse for you to come down for a visit. ;)

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Roasted said:
What time thursday night? I work friday morning but I might be able to arrange coming down.
I haven't seen a time posted yet. If it's anything like all the other premieres they'll say 8:00pm, but won't actually show the movie until midnight. :mad:

Maybe Shootr can let us know if they actually showed the movie when they said they were going to.

They showed the movie, but it was not a free outdoor showing (as I was forewarned about) it was held in the GLC, I did not bother going (If I am gonna spend cash I will buy it.. which I def. will do anyways, the whole point was the after party anyways).
I heard from freinds who went and saw it that it was really quite good. Fresh soundtrack, innovative cinematography, and had the desired "hype you to ride" effect.
So if you are all about premiers and after parties.. definetly go.

Hey Mocha, when are you and your Girlfriends coming up?
I may be coming down to ride some shore or Squamish next weekend.. not entirely sure, have to talk to filmmakers and see what they want to shoot next..
If I am down I will send you a message before I come and you can join us for some shuttles if you want...
Peace.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
shootr said:
Hey Mocha, when are you and your Girlfriends coming up?
I may be coming down to ride some shore or Squamish next weekend.. not entirely sure, have to talk to filmmakers and see what they want to shoot next..
If I am down I will send you a message before I come and you can join us for some shuttles if you want...
Peace.
Well, some female monkeys PM'd me a couple of months ago and asked me to meet them this weekend, so it might be really soon. I definitely am due for a girls Whistler trip!! I'm not sure if my bike can handle an entire day of riding there though, so I've sorta been avoiding it. My rear shock needs love, but my new bike should be here within two weeks, so I don't want to put any money into it. Let me know if you make it down this way. I should be able to hook up for a shuttle or two.

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
The trip was good on Sat. It rained a bit, nothing too bad, and it was a bit windy. Freak took a terrible fall on Friday, cracked his helmet, got a nice bump on his bald head and busted up his ribs/hand. VG got a good picture of it and they will probably post it soon. None the less, he was riding on Sat when we came up... :p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Damn. That looks scarry. I rode whistler last timer in my clips. I had forgotten my platforms at home. I felt ok except for once coming unclipped on Shleyer and having a hard time getting back in. Next time im making sure the clips stay home.....

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
Acadian said:
holy fark!! :eek: :eek: is that the drop on A-Line?
That would be off the top of the rock, heading to the right on Lower Dirt Merchant, if I am correct. Thats a big drop to end up in that position on! :dead: Yikes.