Quantcast

Who actually rides BMX in here?

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
I am strictly a 20" rider these days, anyone else ride mostly 20"?

What kinda bike? what specs? where do you ride? Just tryin to get to know some of you haha. PS anyone else seen the new Macneil vid? its dang good.

I ride:
Frame - Macneil Ruben
Fork - Kink Freebird
Cranks - Primo Powerbite in 175mm
Rear wheel - Primo cassette on hula hoop rim, 48h with 11t driver
front wheel - Specialized 48h hub laced to 36h araya super 7 x
Bars - S&M smal bars
Stem - Primo Casket
Brakes - Odyssey Evolvers
Lever - Primo J lever
Seat/post - Primo Hemheroid seat with primo rod post (cut down)
Sprocket/chain - RNC lite sprocket, 30t and KMC 710 chain
Pedals - whatever is laying around at the time
Headset - Primo gorilla lower cup, cane creek C2 top cup
Pegs - Macneil Ti
Tires - Wall 1.85 in rear, V monster 1.85 in front

Misc - Primopro chain tensioners, snafu grind guard, bullet valve caps hahaha. and I use demolition waffle grips or primo logos.

I mostly ride parks or street, I am starting to get into ramps and vert. It's pretty fun.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
And here's the pic and specs that I forgot.

It's a Haro X24
LSD setup
Pegs cut down to half length
Snafu cranks
Planet X chainwheel
Most of the other parts are stock or quasi-stock replacements for broken parts.

Attachments

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
I'm another BMX-only rider.

Terrible One Barcode
S&M Pitchfork
etc etc etc

I'm looking for a new frame come spring/summer... And I'mma buy another Barcode when the time comes.

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
Frame – WTP 4 seasons
Fork - WTP
Cranks – Redline Monsters
Rear wheel – Odyssey Hazzard lite on primo hub
front wheel – mx-22 on DK hub
Bars – WTP Dave Osato
Stem - WTP
Brakes - Odyssey Evolvers
Lever – Diatech Dirt Harry
Gyro – Odyessey GTX
Seat/post – WTP on DK post
Sprocket/chain – WTP/410
Pedals – Odyessy Jim Celinski
Headset – FSA Pig bigball
Pegs – Animal lites
Tires – Maxxis Hollyroller fr. Maxxis ringworm rr.

Attachments

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i own a schwinn joey garcia automatic trail
its a budget bike...

its heavy as hell...

but it works...

so i ride it! YAY!

frame-schwin automatic trail...
fork-haro 15lb mega fork
wheels-haro heffers unsld hubs and mx 22 rims
bars-hoffman jump bars
animal sprocket
uhh skidmark tires?
what elses is cool.....
oh yah!
i have a oddessy modulever! w00t.

thats about it... for my birthday in April im gonna get a new fork and some real 3 pc cranks, like profile, no more xs creaky crap.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Normally in the winter I ride 20" in skateparks almost exclusively. But this winter I committed to do a 24 hour MTB race, so in order to train properly and avoid injury I've been away from the 20" for quite a while... although I did sneak in a couple park rides last week, just needed to. So the Freebird is very lonely this year so far, but in a couple weeks she'll be getting ridden regularly again :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I have a Haro F5 that I bought about a month or so ago - fun as hell. I suck right now, but I want to get better and it's a lot of fun.

Just wish we had somewhere indoors to ride here in the Greater Hartford Area so I could practice and also watch and learn from other riders.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
i ride my bmx when i want to learn things usualy.

ive got a 99 fisher airbob (w/superpimp cloud paintjob)
federal bars (cut down real far)
pitchfork
alex mx22 wheels
primo wall tires
oddessey seat
snafu post
oddessey pedals

its brakeless with the pegs on the left side

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
Originally posted by Apollo_K
OH DANG!!!! A RNC LITE SPROCKET... fancy :drool: :drool:
too bad I hate RNC. Ryan (owner of RNC) just goes around and talks crap about me because I bent one of his sprockets.....so that makes me a hack i guess. whatever

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by schaefdog
too bad I hate RNC. Ryan (owner of RNC) just goes around and talks crap about me because I bent one of his sprockets.....so that makes me a hack i guess. whatever
that sucks.
parts bend and break. he should know that. did he give you a new one?

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
Originally posted by pnj
that sucks.
parts bend and break. he should know that. did he give you a new one?
no, he did not. I tried to go see him a few times on business days during normal business hours. but he was "out riding"

Not much of a way to conduct business if you ask me. I gave the bent sprocket to a friend, he at least can use it.

Apollo_K

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
That sucks about RNC, I would have gotte one, but I thought the lifetime warrenty was kinda sketchy... on the brighter side of things I got some pics of my local jumps. P.S. Tried a TREE sprocket? I aired like 3 feet and sproketed the coping, snapped chain, and not even a tooth bent.

Over view of the place( note groms leaching of our months of hard work!!!!!!)

Tried alley-ooping from the skinny lip to the big landing.. and had to hit the eject button. I think it looks pretty gnarly

Awsome 270 berm you come out perpendicular to where you start.

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, mad props for the 270 berm that **** looks sick!!!

We just built a fuc*ing massive berm today, nice trails btw.

Oh yeah, I ride bmx a lot. I have a standard cashius w/profile cranks, oddy cassette 33-12, pitchforks, sandm BUTLER handlebars, no breaks cuz I don't have room w/ the 33-12.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Well I guess you can say it's bmx only for me. I don't own a mtb anymore.

Kink JC frame
Kink fork
Primo Powerbite cranks 175
Mosh cassette wheel laced to Sun BCR
Mosh front/ BCR
Kink Raider stem
S&M Dive bars
Animal Lite sprocket
Evolver
Primo lever
Primo seat
D.monster fr/ V.monster rear

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I used to ride 20's about 15 years ago. About three weeks ago we were at a skatepark and I jumped on my buddy's 20, and ****ING A, did I have a blast!! I forget what I have been missing all these years. Anyways I just got this today and I am trying to get the money to build her up.

Attachments

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
I own a 20".... a nice one in fact....but i don't ride it anymore:( Ever since i got a HT mtn thats all i ride. And now that i have a SS EVIL built up.....bmx just doesn't feel right.
want a Mcneil?

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Originally posted by pnj
for more bmx action try

http://www.bikeguide.org/forums/
yup, you can find both pnj and myself over there;)

I ride bmx ...when it's not stolen

I'm getting a frame for super cheap! Fit foster race, filed out14mm do's (super quality job) w/990 mounts, almost new shape except for the paint's been stripped off because it was just about to be repainted. hooray for starting to get a new bike up and running.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
I ride bmx, but im getting a hardtail soon. Im not good at bmx but i can dirt jump hard tail pretty good.

Im trying to get a flying monkey but it looks like there are no sepcs on the bike.

Very nice jump line:)

Apollo_K

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
OOO Anybody check out the Federal frames at danscomp??? Only 129.99! Im thinkin about trading in the old STA for a Division..

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I just scored a dk legend complete today. I've had 20"ers in the past but never really rode them more than my mtb. I hit an indoor skatepark last week for the first time in my life and it made me want a 20" just for goofing off. Does anyone know anything about the Legend. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore and it is mainly a race/dj frame. I was going to slap some pegs on it and take it to the skatepark next time I go. I can't find anything on the web about this particular model...it looks pretty nice though...

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Fit foster race, filed out14mm do's (super quality job) w/990 mounts,
If it has 990 mounts and a American BB it is a Foster Signature Street. The picture of the one I posted above is a Foster Signature Race.

Apollo_K

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
Originally posted by Mr Tiles
Does anyone know anything about the Legend. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore and it is mainly a race/dj frame.
Ah yeah, DK Legend is the Chris Doyle signature frame. More of a park/dirt frame than a race one. And they are still selling it, i'm looking at it in the brandnew danscomp catelogue and its in there.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
I know i'll be told this isn't the place to do this, but seems to make more sense than just posting on the buy/sell section since I wouldn't imagine alot of folks look for bmx stuff there. Anyway i'll just say I have a few things for sale and if you need any of this email or pm me. I have wheels, bars, brakes, sprockets and forks for sale, all higher end stuff. Or if you're looking for trades let me know. Sorry if this offended anyone.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Originally posted by Apollo_K
Ah yeah, DK Legend is the Chris Doyle signature frame. More of a park/dirt frame than a race one. And they are still selling it, i'm looking at it in the brandnew danscomp catelogue and its in there.
Thanks for the response. The reason why I was inquiring about it is because it has smaller dropouts and v-brake bosses on top of the seatstays leading me to believe it was intended mainly for racing. I would love to get some pegs on it and use it for park riding and street. It is my current project bike...

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
I think the "Legacy" is the Chris Doyle model. The Legacy is a street and trail frame. If the "Legend" is what you have and has top mounted seatstay mounts then it's probably a race frame.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Originally posted by freerider215
I think the "Legacy" is the Chris Doyle model. The Legacy is a street and trail frame. If the "Legend" is what you have and has top mounted seatstay mounts then it's probably a race frame.
Yeah, it is definitely the legend - just pulled all of the stickers off it last night. I've heard it is race or dirt jump. It is fairly light. I'm not sure how it is going to hold up to skatepark riding but at the same time I really don't care b/c I don't have that much in it. BTW, check you pms when you get a chance - thanks!

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Originally posted by Salami
If it has 990 mounts and a American BB it is a Foster Signature Street. The picture of the one I posted above is a Foster Signature Race.
this is before they made the street frame. Basically an all-around frame. I'll get pics up of the actual one I have once I finish getting it all painted

Attachments

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Originally posted by SR
this is before they made the street frame. Basically an all-around frame. I'll get pics up of the actual one I have once I finish getting it all painted
Huh? Are you refering to the Race frame I have?

The picture you attached is of the Street frame. Is your frame like the one you attached?

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Originally posted by Salami
I used to ride 20's about 15 years ago. About three weeks ago we were at a skatepark and I jumped on my buddy's 20...
Ooh, I'm your buddy!

I ride haven't been riding 20 much the last year or two, but I still love it when I get the chance. For me a 26 can never compare for street, DJ, or skatepark!