Quantcast

Who has a tomac 220 and a new v10

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I am getting back into downhill once I get into school again.

I used to own the first gen v10.I've been trying to search for a geo chart the past few days.

Enyway,the tomac 220 seems geo wise allot more suitable to the old v10,then the newer shorter one.

How does it pedal ???
Has enyone seen a tomac crack/break/fail ??? same goes for the new v10.

I've been out of the loop for a few years now.

Thanks for the help.

PICS4VIEWS

does zornig still browse over here???

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am running a Tomac Primer 220 and love it. I have been riding it hard for the past 2+ years and its been great. If there was ever any problem the company would take great care of you. The owner of the company is all about a positive customer experience.

Check your PM's.

Some action shots:

DanSheridan

Chimp
Feb 7, 2009
Ireland
Im riding a Tomac now, but rode an 08 v10 before it.
I found them both pretty similar, and both amazing. I find the Tomac corners better and is more fun to ride, the V10 had a bit to much travel for my liking and was quite sluggish.

The Tomacs an amazing bike and the customer support is ace.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
@totalheckler,got the pm,thanks allot :thumbsup: how tall are you ?? wat size is yours ???

@dan sheridan,thank you.

From a quick geo view,the medium tomac has a larger wheelbase and slacker head angle the the large v10.

Nice to hear it corners well too,bromont can get tight pretty quick

stringbean

Chimp
Aug 30, 2008
Has enyone seen a tomac crack/break/fail ??? same goes for the new v10.
havnt seen any of the newer v-10's cracked, seen a few older ones that have been but sc have a pretty good reputuaion.

Of the 4 people i know that have owned tomacs, all have had problems with them cracking, im sure there are alot of people that haven't, or it was a bad batch or something, be wary if your buying one second hand, but if new they should have fixed their problems by now.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Of the 4 people i know that have owned tomacs, all have had problems with them cracking, im sure there are alot of people that haven't, or it was a bad batch or something, be wary if your buying one second hand, but if new they should have fixed their problems by now.

Oh really ??? I dont like buying used bikes,its much cheaper,however lots of them are race bikes abused that need a bunch of new bearings etc.

Failure is always my number 1 priority,specially wen paying over 2000$ us for a frame.Im sure they are fine.

I've never seen a old 204 magnum go either.
I often see v10's for sale cheap complet,and they all say they have brand new rear ends.But never say why....