Quantcast

Who has the best bike

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Evil4bc u are evil sheesh that thing is pure pimp:brows:

Just a suggestion but I'd move ya brake inside ya shifter towards the stem then ya have true one finger braking and better thumb control on shifter, oh and less likely to break the brake levers 2

Would love to hear some ride reviews of that shock and fork, awesome

cheers
Thanks for the compliments on my new bike , I'm REALLY happy with it !!
The Saint shifter has been cut down on the thumb trigger side as not to interfere with my braking , sorta a weird setup but I run my hands more inboard so it works .

The fork and rear shok are amazing !! Both the fork and rear shok feel very evenly balanced through the entire travel stroke , sorta progressive but more linear with a very high ramp up at the end .
Great for pedaling and jumping on FR/DH trails , I hammered thesuspension pretty hard this past weekend at N* , the fork is crazy stiff to use the term "confidence inducing " would be a very good analogy for the overall feel of the 55 TST2 and Roco air TST2 .
The 55 has the new Marzocchi QR system and from the 6-8 times I pulled my wheel off Saturday it works better than a normal QR , I can pull my front wheel out with one hand without having to flip the bike over this is a big plus . I was worried that the lack of pinch bolts would make the fork feel wobbly at high speeds but after a all out decent straight down of the the ski runs to steep fire road section at N* im convinced that they have this system down .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
that nemesis is ill!
Thanks everyone for the great comliments on my new bikes , It's soo much fun to ride !! I forgot how much fun have a trail bike you could really pedal was .
Did a 20mile XC loop last night and had a blast !!
Riding bikes is fun !:banana:

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Thanks for the compliments on my new bike , I'm REALLY happy with it !!
The Saint shifter has been cut down on the thumb trigger side as not to interfere with my braking , sorta a weird setup but I run my hands more inboard so it works .

The fork and rear shok are amazing !! Both the fork and rear shok feel very evenly balanced through the entire travel stroke , sorta progressive but more linear with a very high ramp up at the end .
Great for pedaling and jumping on FR/DH trails , I hammered thesuspension pretty hard this past weekend at N* , the fork is crazy stiff to use the term "confidence inducing " would be a very good analogy for the overall feel of the 55 TST2 and Roco air TST2 .
The 55 has the new Marzocchi QR system and from the 6-8 times I pulled my wheel off Saturday it works better than a normal QR , I can pull my front wheel out with one hand without having to flip the bike over this is a big plus . I was worried that the lack of pinch bolts would make the fork feel wobbly at high speeds but after a all out decent straight down of the the ski runs to steep fire road section at N* im convinced that they have this system down .
Cheer E4B for the info on the ride and fork, shock sounds an awesome combo, Im a big Marz fan hence my interest in the new stuff, sounds like a winner, the bike is stunning and just looks like allot of fun, cool abou the brake setup everyone is different so if it works awesome, cheers again ta..

prana.ferox

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Seattle, WA
Thanks everyone for the great comliments on my new bikes , It's soo much fun to ride !! I forgot how much fun have a trail bike you could really pedal was .
Did a 20mile XC loop last night and had a blast !!
Riding bikes is fun !:banana:
Somewhat on that note, here's my Nemesis outfitted as single track monster.

All I did was throw on a front brake and a knobby front tire, and the thing was a absolute blast to ride around the forest. After trail riding my heavy full suspension for the last year or so, I'd forgotten what it was like to ride a bike that I can effortlessly whip around and hop over trail obstacles. The singlespeed was a chore to hoist up some of the climbs, but hey, I need to get fitter anyway.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Somewhat on that note, here's my Nemesis outfitted as single track monster.

All I did was throw on a front brake and a knobby front tire, and the thing was a absolute blast to ride around the forest. After trail riding my heavy full suspension for the last year or so, I'd forgotten what it was like to ride a bike that I can effortlessly whip around and hop over trail obstacles. The singlespeed was a chore to hoist up some of the climbs, but hey, I need to get fitter anyway.
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I was getting really sick of the local trails, but then when I took out my Yeti DJ, I had one of the best rides ever. Sure, the 36t single ring up front paired with an 8 speed was rough, but it was still amazingly fun.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I'll give Marty @ Geekhouse some free pub for his kickass bikes. I really like this one:

Mar 5, 2006

Specs:

Frame: Evil DOC (drug of choice)
Fork: Manitou Sherman flick lowered to 80mm by XSL_WILL (thanks man!)
F Wheel: Atomlab Aircorp laced to trailpimp Dhr
R Wheel: Saint laced to trailpimp DHR
Bars: Protaper OS 28in
Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller
Cranks: eastern Pro 170mm
BB: Eastern Pro
Pedals: Green animal Hamilton
Seat: Demolition D1
Grips: Shadow Conspiracy lil dirty
Brake: rear only avid bb7
Lever: avid
Chainwheel: Shadow Crowgora
Headset: FSA pig, chrome
Tires: Maxxis Holyrollers
Tubes: XC ones

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet

Specs:

Frame: Evil DOC (drug of choice)
Fork: Manitou Sherman flick lowered to 80mm by XSL_WILL (thanks man!)
F Wheel: Atomlab Aircorp laced to trailpimp Dhr
R Wheel: Saint laced to trailpimp DHR
Bars: Protaper OS 28in
Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller
Cranks: eastern Pro 170mm
BB: Eastern Pro
Pedals: Green animal Hamilton
Seat: Demolition D1
Grips: Shadow Conspiracy lil dirty
Brake: rear only avid bb7
Lever: avid
Chainwheel: Shadow Crowgora
Headset: FSA pig, chrome
Tires: Maxxis Holyrollers
Tubes: XC ones

Is your spindle tweaked?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I like my bike the best. :-)

Frame- Atomlab Pimp2
Fork- Black Rock Shox Pike 426
Bars- Black Deitys
Stem- Black Deity
Cranks- Black Deity vendettas
Chain ring- Deity 36tooth with grind bash
Pedals- Red Atomlab trailking
Chain- Red KMC Z410R 1/8th with KMC half-link
Brakes- '08 Avid Juicy 7 160mm rear
Headset- Red Hope 1 1/8th
Rims- Red Atomlab Pimps 26"x32h
Spokes- Red Atomlabs
Nipples- Red Atomlab torques
Hubs- Aircorp 20mm front, Aircorp 12x130 rear with bolt on 10mm axle
Tires- Kenda K-rad 26x2.3 front/rear
Tubes- IRC Torque DH front/rear
Grips- ODI Rogue lock-on grips with red lock-jaws
Seat- Deity DJ
Seatpost- Thompson elite 26.8
Seat clamp- Red Salsa lip-lock 28.6

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Just to keep this thread going heres some updated pics of the ToP

normally only run a rear brake but the GF is stealing a few rides on her know so wacked some nobs on there saints front n rear.

Some maggie venti rotors

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
how about two?
:busted: yours has nicer parts tho
dude i ll be getting a jackal soon, for the horizontal dropouts do they come with the frame with the vertical ones or do i have to order them seperately or can i pick which i want when i order the frame? lemme know in a private message plz.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
dude i ll be getting a jackal soon, for the horizontal dropouts do they come with the frame with the vertical ones or do i have to order them seperately or can i pick which i want when i order the frame?
For those wondering... The Jackal used to come with the vertical (geared) dropouts by default. The alternate single-speed horizontal dropouts were a separate accessory that could be ordered through your Santa Cruz dealer (or directly through the Santa Cruz website).

If you are ordering a new frame, have your dealer specify which dropouts you want, or ask them if you want both at the time of purchase. You may get a discount on the extra set while you are buying the new frame.

Since Santa Cruz no longer offers the Jackal as a complete bike, the dropouts are probably the buyer's choice.