Quantcast

Who here on RM has had parts from oly??

Have you had a hand me down?

• Yes, I have bought a part from oly, new or second hand.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • No, I haven't

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • He gave me something.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Who's oly?

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
trailhacker said:
Oooh, oooh, what do you want for it????
Its for a project I'm working on.......
for his soul? fiddy cents should cover it :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Well my buddy bought Shimiano clipless DH pedals from him at the bike expo and Oly gave me a MBA mag that wasn't even in the stores yet. :)

Oly saved my hinnie on a ride ....well tried to. still had to walk back to the truck...but he did get in his truck and drive half way to pick me up :thumb: :D

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
ioscope said:
Lately I've noticed everyone has some frame/part/bike thing from oly.

Have you?
I tell ya", that guy is one great sum bitch! I have not had to hit him up for bike parts but he has helped me out in other ways. You rarely get to associate yourself with someone as down right nice as D', but a guy like him is good for any sport! :thumb:
Keep on truckin'!

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I have many, many, many bikes parts that came from Oly's Bikes (tm). Seriously if not for him and the 'mig I would be bikeless. I think my hardtail that I bought from Army7 was even Oly's at one point.

Damon is good peeps.

olytrayne

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
olympia
I have a set of rims from him I just had built up. I also used his bike at Whistler one weekend, with my fork and parts. Ahh to be an industry insider...

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
sometimes late at night I sneak over to his house, drug his 14 dogs with some non-FDA approved medication and ransack his shop for all the colored zipties I can hold.

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
SR said:
sometimes late at night I sneak over to his house, drug his 14 dogs with some non-FDA approved medication and ransack his shop for all the colored zipties I can hold.

and i bet you use them there non-FDA, KGB, NRA, CIA, drugs on your self. After you steel them there zipie ties. :cool:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Since everyone has a story...
Oly helped me get my fork in working condition for a race I thought I wouldn't be able to do because my fork was busted....Thanks to him I not only got to race...but I also won. To think I almost didn't race at all!!! :thumb:

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
MUTOLI said:
Oly helped me get my fork in working condition for a race I thought I wouldn't be able to do because my fork was busted....Thanks to him I not only got to race...but I also won. To think I almost didn't race at all!!! :thumb:
I heard Oly can fix any part on a bike with zip-ties and beer caps.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
MUTOLI said:
Was glad to help...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
ummbikes said:
I heard Oly can fix any part on a bike with zip-ties and beer caps.
Sunday i couldnt find my fender, and forgot my goggles, so on the hike to the peak i passed 3 pieces of garbage before finding the perfect thing to make a fender fom. Bush box was wet and falling apart, the coke bottle too small, but the office chair floor mat was just right. A little surgery with a razor blade, and 5 zip ties and it was attached to the bike and ready to keep 75% of the mud from my eyes. Down tube fenders dont catch the stuff when you turn the bars too far... but it definatly saved my ride.

Thanks Litterbug, and the invetor of the ziptie.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
oly said:
Sunday i couldnt find my fender, and forgot my goggles, so on the hike to the peak i passed 3 pieces of garbage before finding the perfect thing to make a fender fom. Bush box was wet and falling apart, the coke bottle too small, but the office chair floor mat was just right. A little surgery with a razor blade, and 5 zip ties and it was attached to the bike and ready to keep 75% of the mud from my eyes. Down tube fenders dont catch the stuff when you turn the bars too far... but it definatly saved my ride.

Thanks Litterbug, and the invetor of the ziptie.
Now that is using your head!!! :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
MUTOLI said:
I remember that day, you would have raced either on the spare bike or the forks on the spare bike would have been swapped off for you. However making your fork work was the best for that day, good job oly! :thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
evilbob said:
I remember that day, you would have raced either on the spare bike or the forks on the spare bike would have been swapped off for you. However making your fork work was the best for that day, good job oly! :thumb:
You are totally correct EvilBob! You were just as helpful that day. It just worked out being able to run my own fork. Maybe we should start an Evilbob thankyou thread!! :D :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
MUTOLI said:
You are totally correct EvilBob! You were just as helpful that day. It just worked out being able to run my own fork. Maybe we should start an Evilbob thankyou thread!! :D :D
It was Evil Jr's bike and he wasn't using it that weekend, it was lonely and needed a rider. :D

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
The Oly hooked me up with a dropout for my Brass Monkey, never even met me before and still wouldnt take a crisp $20 bill over it. He is the only person I know at any of the races and never acts like I am bothering him or nothing when I follow him around and ask him a bunch of questions. I am a little sad cause I thought I was the only one. That guy has alot of love for the bike nerds. Thanks again D. (edit) And he loves father Slayer that makes him pimp x1000.