Quantcast

who is going to lajitas?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
no more just wondering.

it was my first race back when they
had a Scot Trials., yeh huh, that dates me!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I really want to but I don’t have the time to make the journey. I know that bikemojo.com is going. There will also be a large group from my race team including SandraR.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
hey alex are you still looking for a monty. cause there is an x-alp on pinkbike for 325.oo dont know if it is still up. hell i just thought you would like to know

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i looked at it, mm i think i'll get a alum frame.
thanks for helping out a needy bike hopper!

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
hey im looking for some carbonfiber sheet about 2'by 2' you got any thing like that lying around that i can give you a little something to pick up

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by bcd
no more just wondering.

it was my first race back when they
had a Scot Trials., yeh huh, that dates me!

A large group of San Antonio MoJos will be there. Covering all bases from the Condo's to the RV Park and of course Tent City. There are rumour running around that this may be the last year for the Lajitas Chihuahuan Desert Challenge Mountain Bike Race and Festival. The new owners of the resort are more interested in golf.

Tony, work on it! This is the best of the season. For some people this is the only race that they make it to. Last year Chief and I took off Thursday night, made camp Friday @5am, and raced the weekend. Back by Monday morning. Only one day off. That is a lot of travel in just a few days but we were there.

San Antonio MoJos 2001....

Attachments

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by trialsmasta
Hey anyone from Austin going up to Lajitas on the Friday that can give me a ride???? Must be sane and listen to cool music.
When can you leave and when do you need to be back? Also try over at bikemojo.com. There's a bunch of people going from there. San Antonio and Austin

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by trialsmasta

Dude did you ever call Jim at lakesidesports????
yeh i ordered this x-light frame + magura's
all i need are some wheels and it will be time for
me to get my MAD hOpe on!

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by The Toninator

When can you leave and when do you need to be back? Also try over at bikemojo.com. There's a bunch of people going from there. San Antonio and Austin
There is plenty of time..... 3 weeks.

But you may want to post up on the Mojo

If you can get the time the way will be there. People from San Antonio and Austin are on the board....

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
oronde, im not sure what day we're leaving, but the gang will be making a trip out there. i think i might have some guys from school going too. freeriding heaven! we plan to shoot a bunch of video too.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Shoot, if Texas weren't so far, I'd race. Stages races are cool and I'd get to do all three stages (Time trial, Crit, and XC)! Looks like fun.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by Heidi
Shoot, if Texas weren't so far, I'd race. Stages races are cool and I'd get to do all three stages (Time trial, Crit, and XC)! Looks like fun.
It certainly is an event not to be missed.

I think that it is because is is so far from anywhere. Every person there has made an effort to get there.

The Observed Trials go on for hours. It is A-Mazing to see.

The time trial is Baddo. 5 miles in 15 minutes. Just haulin'

The dirt crit is really cool to watch, spectator friendly.

And the XC race is well, mostly in open desert but difficult with deep sand and dry river beds, Along with one bad hill.

Sport do 31 miles where Xpert do 36 (they keep going up the hill)

The (Sport) hill takes about 20 min to climb and most get in a paceline and grind it out.

more photos here

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hey i think Lajitas is exactly the same distance from you as it is from me. (yes texas is that big :)) I working on the other thing right now.

it think El Paso is a major and fort stockten but i'll check.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Hey i think Lajitas is exactly the same distance from you as it is from me. (yes texas is that big :)) I working on the other thing right now.

it think El Paso is a major and fort stockten but i'll check.
Mapquest says 19 hours!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon

Its at least 14 from houston:eek: :eek: :eek:
After recalculation of our route on Streetwizard, I think it would take Heidi and I about 14 hours to get there from San Diego. I think it is funny that it would take you the same amount of time to get there as it takes us when you are already in Texas.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Captain Cogset

After recalculation of our route on Streetwizard, I think it would take Heidi and I about 14 hours to get there from San Diego. I think it is funny that it would take you the same amount of time to get there as it takes us when you are already in Texas.
I know isnt that crazy and we probably have to take I-10 most of the way there too!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

14? that's only 13 hours for you, and 1 for me. What's the problem???:confused:

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass

Mapquest says 19 hours!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Its at least 14 from houston:eek: :eek: :eek:

Stop all your gibber jabberin and start packing!