Quantcast

who makes a 9"X3" shock

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
any suspention makers other than avalanche make a 9"X3" shock
it is for the bighit upgrade link that you can buy through avalanche, I was just wondering if I HAVE to use their shock with the link
thanks for the help

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nah, just about everyone makes a 9x3 shock... Manitou, Romic, Stratos, Progressive...

The Romic will certainly fit seeing that it doesn't have an external resovoir, but you'd have to ask Craig about the others...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
binary visions said:
Nah, just about everyone makes a 9x3 shock... Manitou, Romic, Stratos, Progressive...

The Romic will certainly fit seeing that it doesn't have an external resovoir, but you'd have to ask Craig about the others...
Out of all of those, Stratos is the only one that makes a 9x3. The others make a 9.5 x 3 or a 9.0 x 2.75. Check the websites.

Risse, Stratos and Avalanche are the only ones I know of. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a 9 x 3 as well last summer.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
kidwoo said:
Out of all of those, Stratos is the only one that makes a 9x3. The others make a 9.5 x 3 or a 9.0 x 2.75. Check the websites.

Risse, Stratos and Avalanche are the only ones I know of. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a 9 x 3 as well last summer.
Err, good call.

I blame my incessant, 4-day (and counting) headcold for the lack of clear thinking :D

Sorry PooMan!

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
Well, looks like it's avalanche for me.
.....or maybe i'll just make my own (screen gets fuzzy, cut to me making my own shocks)
Doh!, I just got oil in my left eye and a spring in the other! (cut to Bugs Bunny laughing)
(in a Yosemite Sam voice) Oooooh I hate that rabbit!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
PooMan said:
Well, looks like it's avalanche for me.
.....or maybe i'll just make my own (screen gets fuzzy, cut to me making my own shocks)
Doh!, I just got oil in my left eye and a spring in the other! (cut to Bugs Bunny laughing)
(in a Yosemite Sam voice) Oooooh I hate that rabbit!
Can I have one of those squares you apparently put on your tongue?
Sounds fun.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
kidwoo said:

Are any of these shocks similiar to spv?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Langer said:
Are any of these shocks similiar to spv?
You can get avalanche shocks valved to perform like spv shocks but the system it uses is a little different. I talked to Craig about it last summer through email and he sounded like he didn't know what I was talking about when I referred to "stable platforms". I think you might just have to tell him how you want the shock to behave and he'll work his magic when he builds it.

Don't really know what risse or stratos are up to these days.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
PooMan said:
any suspention makers other than avalanche make a 9"X3" shock
it is for the bighit upgrade link that you can buy through avalanche, I was just wondering if I HAVE to use their shock with the link
thanks for the help

I run an Avy 9x3