Quantcast

Whoa...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Saw this over on Roadbikereview...

Looks like someone watched the tour and went into a shop with a blank check and said, "I want what Lance rides!"

Either that, or Opie upgraded :D

Attachments

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm not sure, I haven't seen one like that before. I think he needs the rise that high to hold himself up, look at the tilt of the seat.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yeah, I noticed the saddle, but chocked it up to not being adjusted yet. Then when you mentioned it, I saw the bag under it and realized this guy either has a lot more money than brains -or- is one oddly proportioned human.

Based on a set up like that, he must have some long primate arms going on. He must be muslim ;) :devil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Silver said:
I'm not sure, I haven't seen one like that before. I think he needs the rise that high to hold himself up, look at the tilt of the seat.
I like to have my seat tilted forward, puts my weight on the assbones instead of m'tender bits.

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
yeah that seat angle is way off, Im actually tilted my seat about a degree downwards, felt funny on the first ride but yesterday it felt good, although its actualy more flat now, think I had it slighty up before, anyways, cappy bike, don't like em, but would love to have one ;)

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Silver said:
Saw this over on Roadbikereview...

Looks like someone watched the tour and went into a shop with a blank check and said, "I want what Lance rides!"

Either that, or Opie upgraded :D
Thats a Madone 5.2, not the 5.9, Ultegra bike that replaced the 5200 for slightly more money .. $2999 vs $2749 MSRP

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Yep that bike is poorly set up. Betcha the rider wears baggy shorts. Needs the bars that high because his belly sticks out too far and he can't bend much.

Pay no attention to the Montashu. He hates Shimano for some reason.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Lord Opies signature is hilarious.....

...but look at my signature!

Nice bike by the way, that is what this post is supposed to be about right?
I'd just like to get the frame, although I haven't heard anything bad about Ultegra. The one thing I don't like about Shimano is the cables in your face, and only being able to shift one gear at a time.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Specialized uses compact geometry on their roadie bikes and makes plenty of sizes

47 cm 50 cm 52 cm 54 cm 55 cm 56 cm 57 cm 58 cm 60 cm 62 cm

Not everyone else that uses compact geometry does though.

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
ya know what i say... lose the reflectos on the wheel... bikes shouldnt have anything plastic on them... get a negitive degree stem... take off that saddle bag... level the seat... and place my a$$ on it i dont think he knows anything about bikes