Quantcast

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Ill be there with my new V-10. Looking forward to seeing what the bike will do in that last rock garden.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I will be there later in the day. Around 1:30.
I will be on my Chrome purple M9 or Lenz PBJ 29er

Why would you ever want to miss Mass? There's lots of rocks there!
Only one same blown out track, insanely slow lift, 100ft vert of pushing after you get off the lift.

No thanks...

For the price of race entry, I get 2 days of diablo goodness. Basically the exact opposite of what mass-o-nothing has to offer.

They opted out of GES this season and sealed my non-attendance

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
This is the place where they run BMX tracks down the mountain and call it downhill, right?

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I'll be at Blue...oh wait, no I won't. I like diablo so I'm bummed that I missed opening weekend last year and I'll be missing it again this year, but unfortunately it can't be avoided.

As far as the BMX track comment goes, those are just the trails that everyone shoots pictures/videos on at Diablo. Very little evidence of the many rocky tech trails there by comparison.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I'll be at Blue...oh wait, no I won't. I like diablo so I'm bummed that I missed opening weekend last year and I'll be missing it again this year, but unfortunately it can't be avoided.

As far as the BMX track comment goes, those are just the trails that everyone shoots pictures/videos on at Diablo. Very little evidence of the many rocky tech trails there by comparison.
this,

out of 55 trails, only about 5 of them are "groomed" bmx trails

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Can anyone speak to the top-of-lift gatherings? I only ride at places where crowds of tweens bunch up at the lift exit.

Also, do any of the trails have "pedally" sections? I don't like to pedal my bike.

DhUrbaner

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
I live ten min. from the mountain.....A little update: TRAILS are good! they are not muddy at all. I luv sessioning that mtn on the off-season and on-season too!
I wont be there opening weekend though, Platty here we come!
Can't wait for weekdays at Diablo though, 3-7 slayedge!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
yea the only 5 trails everyone seems to ride there lol, the other 55 are free from everyone..
im guilty, i ride them alot, however, i also hit deceit 2x a day when im there, i think half the reason 20 trails go unridden is that people dont know where they are

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Their numbers do get a bit inflated. "Chute de Satchum" shouldn't be a trail, haha. It's what, 30, 40 feet long?

There are still a good number of regular sized trails that NEVER get ridden. Deceit is one, Slayer, Stalker, Asylum, Utah (when it was open), several of the lines on waterboy, exodus, legion, even epitaph, people seemed to love for about a month and since then it's been deserted.

I guess it's a good thing that those are the trails I like to ride, haha. Although, a good jumpline run is also fun. It's a great feeling to hit upper dominion just right.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Slayer, Stalker, Ripper, BMW, Epitaph, Utah...

I like the roughity bump bump. However, the new line of the back "outlaw" - some good parts, but the rough is sh*t and a horrible build (the line down to the fire road before the playful section!

But I wont be there, Platty work weekend wins.

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
looks like opening day is Apr 30. just wondering who's going. i'm skipping the mass-o-nuttin' race.
WE have tried really hard to be a part of the up and coming series each year.
MADHRA nc
mac
GES

you should consider the gas prices and our $55.00
bikereg.com entry fee as the least expensive place to
ride.
HOPe to see all of you at Mass o something.
George
gwilletts@massresort.com