Quantcast

Who's NOT going to N*?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Well try as I might, I just can't pull it off this year. :(

Since I know I am not the only one AND I have Monday off who wants to ride? We can hit up anywhere... Kenter, Wilson, O.C. Fontana, whatever. If I am stuck home I sure am not going to be stuck indoors. Post here, PM me, whatever. Let's ride.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
I'll be in town and plan on riding Sun - Tues as the wife and kid will be out of town. Anywhere is good, Skyline if we can get through the gate, I've been wanting to check out O.C., just not familiar with it though.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bfranke said:
I'll be in town and plan on riding Sun - Tues as the wife and kid will be out of town. Anywhere is good, Skyline if we can get through the gate, I've been wanting to check out O.C., just not familiar with it though.
oooh... skyline. That's a grand idea... Paging Mr. Zephyr... Mr. DHZephyr to the white courtesy phone, please.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
lovebunny said:
ok scratch that. i AM at n*
You owe us b*tch!!

TYM requests that you keep him preoccupied on the long drive with tech talks starting from the dizzying array of valving Marzocchis have to the influence of leverage ratio on wheel mass.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Orvan said:
You owe us b*tch!!

TYM requests that you keep him preoccupied on the long drive with tech talks starting from the dizzying array of valving Marzocchis have to the influence of leverage ratio on wheel mass.
He can just talk about the pinch force and fog levels of all goggles ever made. Then he can go it a tech talk about color dynamics and proper lens tint for different soil types.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ncrider said:
He can just talk about the pinch force and fog levels of all goggles ever made. Then he can go it a tech talk about color dynamics and proper lens tint for different soil types.
And he can evaluate the use of tutu's on the racing circuit as pertains to aerodynamic efficiency and then compare and contrast the positive and negative effects tutu's have on hucks to flat while considering the fronj variable's effectiveness on riding free.

When Baldy is done and open we'll have a tutu day. Ride in a tutu and get a discount on your lift ticket. :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ncrider said:
Nah, but maybe in lingerie :sneaky: Besides how do you ride ON boxxers? ;)
I heard Orven's box(x)ers spew fluid everywhere under the smallest of compressions, and need constant maintenance and lubrication. Additionally, the axle-crown height is very short, and the diameter is unimpressive. The damping involves sub-par 70s-era pump-rods, and the whole assembly is vulnerable to twisting and punctures.

MD

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I don't know why you guys slam on Boxxers. It's external lubrication. When Manipoos don't leak, peeps complain it's too sticky. When it weeps like it should people say it's being like a boxxer. What a hyprocracy!!!!

Go buy Suntour forks!!! Oh wait, you guys have, the 888 with Zokie internals.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Mike, I have a spare Dorado if you need to run a DC on your bike for one of the rides on your last few days here in the land where drivers know how to merge onto the freeway.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Orvan said:
Mike, I have a spare Dorado if you need to run a DC on your bike for one of the rides on your last few days here in the land where drivers know how to merge onto the freeway.
Ha!

Thanks; it's much appreciated...but I just got my 888 back in the mail! I sent it to them on Monday! The Dorado is a nice match to the Gemini frame, though...

Man, I've had awesome service from BOTH Marzo and Manitou...now it's just a matter of getting some time to go ride!

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Orvan said:
Yeah, I don't feel like talking about Hillcrest oddities.
But Rabie, as we know it, is gay.
I was eating at Bombay in Hillcrest last week...and I noticed Rabie's favorite clothier, Roostergear.com, had closed its storefront. It's a real shame.

MD

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MikeD said:
I was eating at Bombay in Hillcrest last week...and I noticed Rabie's favorite clothier, Roostergear.com, had closed its storefront. It's a real shame.

MD
But is the Gaymart still in business?

Gaymart - For all your gay supplies and equipment.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
But is the Gaymart still in business?
I dunno...YOU'RE the one who attends the shareholders' meetings. How's bidness?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MikeD said:
I dunno...YOU'RE the one who attends the shareholders' meetings. How's bidness?
Yes, it's assmazing... with all the military in town we just can't keep our vinyl rainbow hot pants and mesh tank tops in stock. Oh, you're special order came in.
:D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ncrider said:
too late. :nope:
Don't worry. There's no such thing as 'buttless leather chaps.' All chaps are buttless...that's why they're chaps and not pants. Well, the lack of an ass AND a crotch, but still...

And Ciaran calls himself a shareholder in Gay Mart. Feh.

By the way, I hope you're treating that 'special order' with all the required care. Hope that's not too uncomfortable...don't worry, you'll be less sore after a week or so. Honey.

MD

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
MikeD said:
Don't worry. There's no such thing as 'buttless leather chaps.' All chaps are buttless...that's why they're chaps and not pants. Well, the lack of an ass AND a crotch, but still...

And Ciaran calls himself a shareholder in Gay Mart. Feh.

By the way, I hope you're treating that 'special order' with all the required care. Hope that's not too uncomfortable...don't worry, you'll be less sore after a week or so. Honey.

MD
"Don't let Jerry win"