Quantcast

Who's racing the Spring Fling @ Fontucky?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Anybody?

This will be my first should we say, Virgin, race series. For fun only, cause I suck. Anyway I plan on going to Fontucky every (except this) weekend to practice.

Pointers would be nice...
Like which trail is most likely to be run, so I can get used to it.

Wanna hook up and ride/shuttle better yet?

What class should I enter????
Honestly I have no idea.
I don't want to make the pros look bad and I don't want the gromies to cry. Nah screw the gromies :nuts: Damn little rubber limbs.

Any info is much thanked in advance.

See ya there. :)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Practice the wall section over and over. It's always used as part of the race course and it's also the hardest...especially doing it in two runs.

off subject: we're riding nascar this easter sun around 9ish... then head southeast for more. fyi

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
practice wall section: check!

Wish I could ride with you guys on sun, but I gotta go to LA for the family.
Maybe next weekend or something.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
ncrider said:
Anybody?

This will be my first should we say, Virgin, race series. For fun only, cause I suck.

I guess this'll make me a "BORN AGAIN Virgin"....cause i'm gonna start racing again. I still need to get a fork for my m3 (as well as a few other parts), so i guess i'll be running the 5.5 out there! ...I think i'm gonna kill myself! haha

-D-

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
DylanDeanDesign said:
I guess this'll make me a "BORN AGAIN Virgin"....cause i'm gonna start racing again. I still need to get a fork for my m3 (as well as a few other parts), so i guess i'll be running the 5.5 out there! ...I think i'm gonna kill myself! haha

-D-

:eek: :eek:
Wanna sell some of your camera equipment while you're still legally able to do so?

Attachments

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Fonzie18 said:
I wanna get a V10 with Super Monsters and Huck all the drops on the course to flat. Lines? who needs to pick lines when you have 12 and 10? I won't need to pedal on the wall cuz I'll have all the speed I need with my 70 pound beast. :blah:
Are you canadian ay? Ill be shooting and sell photos for the spring fling thing!

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Practice is good, just to get a feel for the way the dirt is, but there are probably too many trails that split into other trails to try and memorize.

You can't shuttle it cause the gate is locked and I don't know of anyone who has the key, but the hike is short so just hike it.

Just enter begginner for your age group, if you end up on the podium or something, move up to sport or expert. Don't sandbag...

On race day, don't do more than 2 practice runs. It's tempting, but you'll wear yourself out and you won't be 100% on your race run.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Fonzie18 said:
I won't need to pedal on the wall cuz I'll have all the speed I need with my 70 pound beast.QUOTE]

Oh so the wall is an area where you need to pedal. :rolleyes: I thought it was a rock section.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Actaully, part of it is a rock section, but they route it so many different ways it'd be pointless to try and go over all the ways you can hit it.

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
HAH, rock section on the wall, its like a half mile of pedaling. With lots of pple standing there in your way. but yeah, no need to "practice" lines. Just go there and have fun, then just get a feel for everything. There is never the same course!

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm coming down April 25th until May 2nd - my flight is booked. In the past I've opted out of bringing my bike down cuz of the cost ($160 USD for a couple days of riding). I'm definitely bringing it this time and I've been given the okay to use my cousin's F150 while I'm out there.

I'll be racing the April 31/May1 Spring Fling race, practicing on Saturday too.

If anyone wants to shuttle or ride or whatever PM me and we'll exchange contact info.