Quantcast

Who's ridden Keystone?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Sounds like they may have a few cool things to offer. Apparently, they just set up some NS style bridge runs and a few other new trails? Never been there but looking for something a bit closer to me than Vail(I'm in SD) and Keystone may fit the ticket.
They are also having some "Freeride Frenzy" festival that sounds KIND OF fun June 19-20, but I'm not a big fan of crowds. Or is it just worth the extra few hours to go to Vail or wherever else rocks. Looking for fast, long downhills, general freeride, and jumps/drops. You know, the stuff EVERYONE else wants!

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
The one time I rode vail, I wasn't too impressed. Keystone on the other hand has been pretty fun, and I talked a little with some of the trail builder dudes and they kick ass. New trails, more jumps and all that fun stuff is what I've heard for this season. Should be fun.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
How busy does it usually get, any idea? I like a few cool cats around, but not crowds and swarms of people everywhere. Would like to hit it on a Friday and Saturday.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I've never had a problem with huge crowds at keystone. Maybe I've gotten lucky, or maybe not many people like to dh around here? I don't know, but it's been fun every time.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That sounds perfect! Have you run the NS style stuff yet, or is it REALLY new?
We might have to meet up with a few of you locals, first round's on me that night!

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Yeah I don't know. I really liked Vail more than Keystone when I rode it in the fall of last year. The trails are just so much faster and more flowy than Keystone. Keystone to really get some speed, requires a lot of pedalling. Vail on the other hand can be coasted most of the way with a lot of speed. Vail doesn't have so much to offer as far as bridges but they had some pretty fun jumps on those trails last year.

And yeah, Vail is just about 45 minutes down the road from Keystone, so if you're driving from SD, that probably shouldn't be too much of a worry.