Quantcast

Who's riding where this week?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
After a week with no bikes ( :mumble: ) I want to ride at least two days after work this week, though I'm game for three.

Who's got rides planned for:

Tues
Weds
Thurs

That I might be able to tag along with...or who wants to go riding on those days?

The Japanese Gulch up by me might be drying out by Thursday...
I'm up for a worm ride one evening, or SST...
St. Eddies is also a possibility, I dunno if Tolt is or not...
:D Lemme know, send PM or post here for playtime ideas!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
argh, you early-riding people :dead: . don't you have jobs? :D

(i'm just bitter since i have class until 5:30 every day this quarter)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Awww! :) Sorry Toshi...I love my early workdays ;).

Oh - and Snacks/Kevin - was it you we saw barrelling east in a redish Ford truck on Sunday morning towards 38 with a big bike in the back?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Awww! :) Sorry Toshi...I love my early workdays ;).

Oh - and Snacks/Kevin - was it you we saw barrelling east in a redish Ford truck on Sunday morning towards 38 with a big bike in the back?
Nope. I think Kevin Kelly has a truck like that tho. I rangled Kevin(mine)into riding XC that day :p

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Gotcha...Steve and I were debating who it was...The truck looked right, but the bike didn't. Some black demo 9 lookin thing. The wooden rack in the back sure made it look similar to the truck we shuttled in last time we rode out there as a group.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Jr_Bullit said:
Gotcha...Steve and I were debating who it was...The truck looked right, but the bike didn't. Some black demo 9 lookin thing. The wooden rack in the back sure made it look similar to the truck we shuttled in last time we rode out there as a group.
I think that would be Chris Bently who riding for Simon Lawton this year. He drives a maroon Ford F250 and owns a Demo 9.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Freak said:
I think that would be Chris Bently who riding for Simon Lawton this year. He drives a maroon Ford F250 and owns a Demo 9.
I thought Chris has a big black ford???

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Freak said:
I thought it was maroon....I could be incorrect, but I do know he has a Demo 9 :think:
Kevin Kelly also owns a maroon Ford(not sure of the model)and rides a black DHR. We were going to head up on Sunday, but I'm glad we didn't after what happened to Luke :angry:

Joy: Maybe we'll see you out there! :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Kevin Kelly also owns a maroon Ford(not sure of the model)and rides a black DHR. We were going to head up on Sunday, but I'm glad we didn't after what happened to Luke :angry:

Joy: Maybe we'll see you out there! :thumb:
Hey Snacks...we should do Parasite in reverse at 4, then hook up with Joy and her crew to do...whatever that first trail is we usually do, then worm. :D

I know my skillz at gettin over logs mean I can't get through parasite super quick...lol

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Jr_Bullit said:
Hey Snacks...we should do Parasite in reverse at 4, then hook up with Joy and her crew to do...whatever that first trail is we usually do, then worm. :D

I know my skillz at gettin over logs mean I can't get through parasite super quick...lol
First we will do both DNA's, then Tape, then Parasite last... That may work out perfect for Tape. Amy-bring your cel phone with you and we can give you a ring when we get there to see about where you two are.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
So, Ethan talked to Luke last night...it turns out his bike was hidden in the bushes and he was shuttle driver when it happend. Be careful who ever goes out there to ride....they are watching you, and when your not around they will still your sh*t!!! :think:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Ya Skooks! Come and play in the mud with us! :)

Thanks for the short ride tonight Amy :D. It was great to see you Joy :) and thanks to you both for lending me your pumps so I could attempt to fix my flat...oy...first flat on new rims. It happens to us all I guess.

See you on Thursday with a new (or patched) tube!

X-C Phantom

Chimp
Dec 9, 2004
Puget Sound
Sunday I'm leading a 20 miler at Lake Sawyer, there are 6 of us we could take one or two more. Here is the deal- 20 miles is the goal in 3.5 hrs, steady pace, few stops. Last week we fell short, had to stop a lot. But another and I got 18 in a little over 4 hrs.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
X-C Phantom said:
Sunday I'm leading a 20 miler at Lake Sawyer, there are 6 of us we could take one or two more. Here is the deal- 20 miles is the goal in 3.5 hrs, steady pace, few stops. Last week we fell short, had to stop a lot. But another and I got 18 in a little over 4 hrs.
Drat, I have the swap meet that day....plus I don't know if I could hang for 3.5 hours :dead:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Jr_Bullit said:
Ya Skooks! Come and play in the mud with us! :)

Thanks for the short ride tonight Amy :D. It was great to see you Joy :) and thanks to you both for lending me your pumps so I could attempt to fix my flat...oy...first flat on new rims. It happens to us all I guess.

See you on Thursday with a new (or patched) tube!
No worries...bummer we couldn't get it fixed. See you there again soon hopefully. :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Tube's changed, bike's checked over, just gotta pack it into the trunk tomorrow morning and we're good to go! :)

See ya at 4pm

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Jr_Bullit said:
Tube's changed, bike's checked over, just gotta pack it into the trunk tomorrow morning and we're good to go! :)

See ya at 4pm
Jr Bullit...you're flat tire moved over to my bike!!! :( I grabbed my bike this morning and sure enough...flat!! Guess I'll be fixing it at work today!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Jr Bullit...you're flat tire moved over to my bike!!! :( I grabbed my bike this morning and sure enough...flat!! Guess I'll be fixing it at work today!
Oy! I better check mine at lunch!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Tape is notorious for flats...all the sticker bushes out there are bad on the tires/tubes..not to mention your skin!!! :rolleyes: Lot's of skin left on those bushes!!!

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
MUTOLI said:
Oh no! Did we ride through a patch of sharp things and no one noticed? I thought mine came from that nasty branch that grabbed my front tire early on in the ride...but Steve said that that kind of a sidewall hit from a poky branch should have torn my skinny tires, not just given me a slow leak...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
MUTOLI said:
What about my skin...anything for that!!! :D
C'mon now...isn't your bike worth more than your skin? lol... :rolleyes:
JG - if I recall - had some fairly nasty sticker bushes this past spring too....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
C'mon now...isn't your bike worth more than your skin? lol... :rolleyes:
JG - if I recall - had some fairly nasty sticker bushes this past spring too....
Yes, it did! I remember leaving there with my legs and arms burning from the neddles :mad:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Jr_Bullit said:
Oh no! Did we ride through a patch of sharp things and no one noticed? I thought mine came from that nasty branch that grabbed my front tire early on in the ride...but Steve said that that kind of a sidewall hit from a poky branch should have torn my skinny tires, not just given me a slow leak...
Nothing that isn't uncommon out there..lots of thorns. Summer is way worse...just wait!!! :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Thanks for goin ridin tonight Amy & Kevin! :) The trails were in better condition then I thought...though it only emphasizes my need to learn how to get up and over a little better ;). See you next week for some more rides :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit said:
Thanks for goin ridin tonight Amy & Kevin! :) The trails were in better condition then I thought...though it only emphasizes my need to learn how to get up and over a little better ;). See you next week for some more rides :D
sorry i couldn't make it.... my car was getting new brakes and stuff, otherwise i woulda been there. Man i had the day off and it was such a killer day and i didn't ride. :nopity: