Quantcast

Who's still riding? (or the global warming appreciation thread)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
It's nearly Jan. and we still haven't had anything more than snow flurries in southern NY. So, today we decided to embrace and not curse the weather and headed out to our favorite summertime stomping grounds at Stewart. No photos were taken, but damn, it was a great time-- 15 miles of climbing, sliding through random puddles of greasy mud and flying down the smooth descents. It almost felt like summer for a minute.

Is anyone else still taking advantage of the singletrack?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Mid 60's here today. To celebrate I emptied every aerosol can I had in the house today into the atmosphere outside.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
we got about an inch of snow today, not much, but enough to raise my spirits. i want a cold, snowy winter as my job depends on snow. and the more natural snow we have, the easier i can keep myself sane during and in between lessons.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i haven't been on the bike in weeks. Usually i take a few weeks off only for being sick.

This winter i got off the saddle because of the winter storm we had took alot of my time. Working hard getting a tree off my grandmothers house and making the rounds fixing missing shingles off various roofs. Actually just loaded up the last of the tree to be sent off to the Collonade mt. bike skills park in Seattle to be made into TTF's.

People outside of Seattle may not realize the extent of how much the storm effected people here, but also the mt. bike community. There was hardly a trail that didn't or still has multiple trees blocking the trail. It happens every year but not to this extent.

So i'm taking a small break, eating alot, getting fatter. It's kinda nice.

And if the screwy weather here is due to global warming, then global warming really sucks and we're into some sucky winters here for the future.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I've been lucky enough to be getting out at least twice a week for the past couple of months even with our snow, wind storm, and year end:banana:

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
I went riding today, it was prolly 45-50 degrees, a little cold, a little muddy, but I hadnt been on my bike for so long I didnt care. Even when I crashed I was happy.:)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Just got in 3 straight days of riding whilst visiting the relations in Lawn Guy Land...would have hit Ontearo Lake on the way home yesterday, but illness set in...I hope to get one more in later today, but we'll see.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I could still ride, but I'm protesting as a sacrifice to Ullr. Sounds like you had fun today, I had a meeting at 11 yesterday so couldn't go regardless. :disgust:
We missed ya, dw!

We thought we could ride again today, but, we're really hurting this morning! I've had some knee pain, so today's the perfect excuse to rest and be lazy

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Wait for me...if the wind dies down I will get in a few before work today on the SS, and DEFINITELY some tommorow (cant drink tonight, so will pedal tommorow when others are recovering!)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
We missed ya, dw!

We thought we could ride again today, but, we're really hurting this morning! I've had some knee pain, so today's the perfect excuse to rest and be lazy
I think 15 miles would have put me into a coma. I can't walk to the fridge and back without getting tired. Maybe too many walks to the fridge. :bonk:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I rode thursday and friday. Fridays ride was pretty chilly, temps were right around 34. 5 minutes into the ride I come to a stream crossing. I decide to give it a go. Front wheel gets stopped dead by a rock I didn't see under the water. Yup, that's right....face first into cold water. Soaked head to toe. I still finished the ride though.

I'd probably go for a ride today or tomorrow but I got a call from the LBS yesterday telling me my frame is cracked in 2 places.

If it were up to me I'd much rather have snow.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Well the temps here have been cold but perfect for building in the snow. The 4 pack is great right now.

Pics are courtesy of my 7 year old neighbor.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Snow Jumps are awesome!

I just got back from a 13 mile ride, I wanted to go longer, but it started to rain. While it was warm enough to ride in just some pants and a long sleeved shirt, once it started to rain, it was pretty damn cold!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Nothing but warm temps and f-ing rain here in La...

my mum however, is stuck in Pueblo CO where the interstate is closed between there and Santa Fe... she's been there 2 days now.

Back in Albuquerque they got a record 12"of snow...

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Go figure, I move to NY to have a real winter and it is only a few degrees cooler than it was last January in Santa Clara, CA. I'm friggin' confused. Should have stayed in Colorado.

Celebrated my confusion by going for a road ride that kicked my ass and really shouldn't have. Too much drinking and partying has gotten to me, I have to change that up.

Saw lots of cows, they can keep farting and being happy while improving the local weather.

The Ito