Quantcast

Why do some muslims insist that we are fighting a religious war against all of them?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I guess every country and religion have people who think the entire world revolves around their faith, and are unable to see past that. But I keep seeing quotes by SHeiks and other leaders to this effect all the time.

Like this one...

Khamenei, in his speech, called the U.S.-led military campaign in Iraq "an attack against Islam and Muslims" but said Iran was happy at the fall of Saddam.
I wish someone would tell these self important pricks that it isn't about them...

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Zibbler said, in reference to 9/11 in the lounge, "Islam declared war on us." But didn't mean it how it sounds though, so.... maybe the Shiek is just being missunderstood.

And don't they know Americans hate the French more than anybody right now?

look at it this way, going to religious stats online and look at what you see, christianity and islam have a nearly equal split with other religions drastically smaller %... interestingly pagans are having a resurgence in these numbers too

but, point is,

bulk of islam-dom controls oil
bulk of christian-dom consumes oil

do the math

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
what i find interesting is... isn't there several sub-divisions of their religion? Don't these various parts dislike each other and sometimes a few of those parts hate each other more than they hate us.

If you're confused, then (me):-)confused:^2)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by BarbaRosa
besides, by us what do you mean?

i am not christian personally

so by us you must mean american... but

there are a lot of islamic folks in the us who are american and of many races too
By we I meant the American military presence in Iraq because that is what Khamenei was referring too.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
here is something emailed to me that is apropo

> Received this from a school friend and it is one of the best things I
> have read in quite a while. Hope you enjoy this as much as I. We have
> always fed, clothed, educated, trained and armed all of these 'poor'
> nations so that one day they could rise up in anger over the way we have
> treated them and they shoot us in the back.
>
> THE PLAN
>
> I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of one plan
> for peace. " Books, not Bombs" won't work. The head mullahs won't let
> anyone read them. If they do, they poke their eyes out.
>
> Here's the plan:
> 1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
> affairs, past & present. You know - Hitler, Mussolini and the rest of
> them 'good old boys'. We will never "interfere" again.
>
> 2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
> Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there
> anyway. We would station troops at our borders. No more sneaking through
> holes in the fence.
>
> 3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
> leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder
> will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where
> they are. France would welcome them.
>
> 4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days
> unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be
> allowed in at all. If you don't like it there, change it yourself, don't
> hide here. Asylum would not ever be available to anyone. We don't need
> any more cab drivers.
>
> 5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they
> don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.
>
> 6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energy
> wise. This will include developing non polluting sources of energy but
> will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The
> caribou will have to cope for a while.
>
> 7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for
> their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.
>
> 8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we
> will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,
> rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them
> is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very
> little, if any, anyway.
>
> 9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need the
> spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, it would make a good
> homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
>
> 10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one
> can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.
>
> Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by Stellite
here is something emailed to me that is apropo

> Received this from a school friend and it is one of the best things I
> have read in quite a while. Hope you enjoy this as much as I. We have
> always fed, clothed, educated, trained and armed all of these 'poor'
> nations so that one day they could rise up in anger over the way we have
> treated them and they shoot us in the back.
>
> THE PLAN
>
> I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of one plan
> for peace. " Books, not Bombs" won't work. The head mullahs won't let
> anyone read them. If they do, they poke their eyes out.
>
> Here's the plan:
> 1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
> affairs, past & present. You know - Hitler, Mussolini and the rest of
> them 'good old boys'. We will never "interfere" again.
>
> 2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
> Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there
> anyway. We would station troops at our borders. No more sneaking through
> holes in the fence.
>
> 3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
> leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder
> will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where
> they are. France would welcome them.
>
> 4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days
> unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be
> allowed in at all. If you don't like it there, change it yourself, don't
> hide here. Asylum would not ever be available to anyone. We don't need
> any more cab drivers.
>
> 5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they
> don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.
>
> 6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energy
> wise. This will include developing non polluting sources of energy but
> will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The
> caribou will have to cope for a while.
>
> 7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for
> their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.
>
> 8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we
> will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,
> rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them
> is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very
> little, if any, anyway.
>
> 9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need the
> spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, it would make a good
> homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
>
> 10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one
> can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.
>
> Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.
That's the best plan I've ever heard of.......for turning your country into a third world one. The scary thing is is that I'm pretty sure you believe this sh*t.:rolleyes: :confused: . Repeat after me Stellite- the world does not revolve around your country.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I guess every country and religion have people who think the entire world revolves around their faith, and are unable to see past that. But I keep seeing quotes by SHeiks and other leaders to this effect all the time.
I don't think that you can blame the regular Arab or Moslem person. As we are a product of our religious and political system so are they. The difference is that we live in a more open society that will question authority. Many of us may not like the anti war protesters or others of their like. But they provide an invaluable service to our country, the bull**** filter. Now it is not just the leftist hippies that provide the bull**** filter but our society as a whole tends to search for facts and explanations to what our leaders say and do. Most Islamic/Arabic countries do not allow such questioning of their political and religious leadership. This leadership then takes advantage of this situation to spout partisan nonsense to control their people. They use highly emotional subjects to blame the evils of the world on the US. Kind of the same way the Nazis blamed the Jews and McCarthyism blamed comies. Islamic leaders use the US as a scapegoat to distract their people from the true cause of their problems and to control them at the same time. In the past there were multiple super powers that people could pick side from. But now the US stands as the only superpower, and that has and will draw the attention of the rest of the world. More people began to hate the Yankees or the Lakers after they won multiple championships and dominated their sport. We have been the world champs for the past 60 years and because of it people like to hate us. This is a very complicated situation and that was my half asses attempt at explaining it.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by valve bouncer
That's the best plan I've ever heard of.......for turning your country into a third world one. The scary thing is is that I'm pretty sure you believe this sh*t.:rolleyes: :confused: . Repeat after me Stellite- the world does not revolve around your country.
It is unfortunate that you do not get the sarcasm of it. It is all true, however, it is, was and will be impossible to stay out of world affairs. Do I believe in it, no, of course not. However, at one time there were many that did, they were called isolationists and they had a voice. Oh, and by the way, Valve Bouncer, the world doe revolve around the US. Wether you want to admit it or not, it is the US's huge deterrent which keeps the Saddams of the world from rolling into the Kuwaits of the world. There is no doubt that the US and it's allies (NATO not the UN) have stopped a lot of imperialism in the world. Of course the US shouldn't take all the credit, since it was a union of countries that believed in the same thing that has acted on fighting evil. However, along the way there have been countries that have claimed to be our friends and are not. I think that describes some of our muslim friends, like the Saudis for example. Why was it that just about all the 9/11 hijackers came from a country that is our friend,supposedly. It also describes countries like France, which appear to take an opposite position to ours just BECAUSE..

The dirt on all these supposed friends will come out this time, and that is good

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
It is unfortunate that you do not get the sarcasm of it. It is all true, however, it is, was and will be impossible to stay out of world affairs. Do I believe in it, no, of course not. However, at one time there were many that did, they were called isolationists and they had a voice. Oh, and by the way, Valve Bouncer, the world doe revolve around the US. Wether you want to admit it or not, it is the US's huge deterrent which keeps the Saddams of the world from rolling into the Kuwaits of the world. There is no doubt that the US and it's allies (NATO not the UN) have stopped a lot of imperialism in the world. Of course the US shouldn't take all the credit, since it was a union of countries that believed in the same thing that has acted on fighting evil. However, along the way there have been countries that have claimed to be our friends and are not. I think that describes some of our muslim friends, like the Saudis for example. Why was it that just about all the 9/11 hijackers came from a country that is our friend,supposedly. It also describes countries like France, which appear to take an opposite position to ours just BECAUSE..

The dirt on all these supposed friends will come out this time, and that is good
Oh right sarcasm, I see....yeah good one Stellite, ya really got me there mate. I should have guessed that an ocean of moderation such as yourself would never believe something so idiotic.
And if you think the world revolves around the US then I think you better do some research on the concept of "hubris".

splat

Nam I am
Originally posted by Tenchiro

I wish someone would tell these self important pricks that it isn't about them...
Getting back on the subject.

You question has a Very simple Answear.

HISTORY !

Go to google and look up "the Crusades" !

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Oh right sarcasm, I see....yeah good one Stellite, ya really got me there mate. I should have guessed that an ocean of moderation such as yourself would never believe something so idiotic.
And if you think the world revolves around the US then I think you better do some research on the concept of "hubris".
What you accuse me of is quote obviously your problem as well.
There is no moderation in your voice, so I think you can step down off your high horse :rolleyes:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
What you accuse me of is quote obviously your problem as well.
There is no moderation in your voice, so I think you can step down off your high horse :rolleyes:
LMAO@ Stellite, nice dodge there fella, you should be in politics. What I am or am not is not the issue here. You posted something that was so reactionary it would have made Rush Limbaugh blush without any kind of hint as to your feelings except to say that it was "apropo" (sic) to the discussion. You got called and then went into the classic "I was only joking" routine. My point is- if you post stupidity expect to be challenged. Have a nice day.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
LMAO@ Stellite, nice dodge there fella, you should be in politics. What I am or am not is not the issue here. You posted something that was so reactionary it would have made Rush Limbaugh blush without any kind of hint as to your feelings except to say that it was "apropo" (sic) to the discussion. You got called and then went into the classic "I was only joking" routine. My point is- if you post stupidity expect to be challenged. Have a nice day.
If you cannot tell that the originaly post was meant to make people think that we are doing is the right thing, then you are quite dense. The post is a joke that has been going around on email and it is designed to point out to those who disagree with what the US and allies are doing, a rediculous alternative, which is akin to sticking your head in the sand. The fact that you cannot realize this indicates a lot. You have a nice day:rolleyes:

rbx

Monkey
usually the muslims that take this as a holy war are 90% of the time extrememist muslims,these muslims are as far away from islam as the nut job that takes his rifle to the local abortion clinic and starts shooting doctors thinking that hes being a good christian for doing so.
like i said before extremist groups(muslims,christians whatever)have their strongest influence when poverty is high during this time their propoganda is much more well absorbed by the people(think of the KKK during the great depression).
you want to you eliminate these arab extremist group from the middle-east? then you must raise the poverty line in the most stricken areas.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
If you cannot tell that the originaly post was meant to make people think that we are doing is the right thing, then you are quite dense. The post is a joke that has been going around on email and it is designed to point out to those who disagree with what the US and allies are doing, a rediculous alternative, which is akin to sticking your head in the sand. The fact that you cannot realize this indicates a lot. You have a nice day:rolleyes:
Nice one Stellite;) Your post clears everything up, incoherent as it may be. I may find your point of view to be as ludicrous as ever but at least now I'm not left to guess as to your intentions for posting it. If you'd have done that at the start maybe you would have saved yourself all that trouble.

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Nice one Stellite;) Your post clears everything up, incoherent as it may be. I may find your point of view to be as ludicrous as ever but at least now I'm not left to guess as to your intentions for posting it. If you'd have done that at the start maybe you would have saved yourself all that trouble.
If I am incoherent, it is because I hate to type and would like to have a voice activated typing system. Until then I will try to make my typing short which causes the meaning of some sentences to be lost as it was in our discussion. If you'll notice I post a lot of stuff that I get via email sent to me. A lot of it a pro-american in flavor to it as most of the people sending me stuff are americans who favor what we are doing as I do. :)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
If I am incoherent, it is because I hate to type and would like to have a voice activated typing system. Until then I will try to make my typing short which causes the meaning of some sentences to be lost as it was in our discussion. If you'll notice I post a lot of stuff that I get via email sent to me. A lot of it a pro-american in flavor to it as most of the people sending me stuff are americans who favor what we are doing as I do. :)
Yeah, you and me both Stellite. I actually thought it was your haste at typing that caused the mis-understanding. As for me, I'm perfect and never make mistakes:D ;) :p

Originally posted by rbx
usually the muslims that take this as a holy war are 90% of the time extrememist muslims,these muslims are as far away from islam as the nut job that takes his rifle to the local abortion clinic and starts shooting doctors thinking that hes being a good christian for doing so.
like i said before extremist groups(muslims,christians whatever)have their strongest influence when poverty is high during this time their propoganda is much more well absorbed by the people(think of the KKK during the great depression).
you want to you eliminate these arab extremist group from the middle-east? then you must raise the poverty line in the most stricken areas.
Good point RBX.
One prob i see is that in order for the education level and poverty line to raise in that region, Arab leaders must be willing to forgo palaces and the oppulent lifestyle that seems to go hand in hand with power.
We have the same "greed" probs in America but our society at least has some mechanism to invesigate it and deal with it thru the couurts and so forth. Far from perfect but at least we have that.
The common Arab person has been repressed so long that the corruption factor blights out possible change.
For ex: most the aid that we send to these nations rarely goes to who its intended for.
I don't have the answers but wow,the problems are so deep!

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Ok, someone answer this question regarding extremists. Why is it that extremeists of Christianity, Islam and Judeism hate each other so much when all three religions have the same foundation? This does not make any sense. Abortion clinics are a great example. The right to life extremists want to save lives but they protests by bombing and killing doctors working at those places thereby countermanding their right to life position. Not logical at all.

Anti semitism
Crusades
Holy war against Christian/jew infidels

REDICULOUS

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Originally posted by BarbaRosa
look at it this way, going to religious stats online and look at what you see, christianity and islam have a nearly equal split with other religions drastically smaller %... interestingly pagans are having a resurgence in these numbers too

but, point is,

bulk of islam-dom controls oil
bulk of christian-dom consumes oil

do the math
And isn't it funny how the only ministry/department in Iraq still intact after 3-4 weeks of bombing is the Oil Ministry? But only to bring it back to the Iraqi people of course...