Quantcast

Why Helmets are good for you.......

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So.... Yesterday, my life was saved by a Moto Helmet. I came back too soon off my injury, and tried this new stunt. Its a tree ride into an ~8ft. drop. I screwed up bigtime, and looked down :dead: first picture is before hand, second picture is what my forehead looked like afterward. That is bruising from the padding in my helmet

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Take the lining out and check the styrofoam for cracks...

Glad you're ok. I had similar marks on my forehead and the scalp on top of my head was tender for a while. Those Moto helmets will save your life!

Mike - Snell M2000

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
concussion? i got one two weeks ago, just rolling something steep and way too wet and leafy, bike went out from underneith and i hit like a bag of bricks.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
how he didn't have a concussion or worse, I have no clue -- homeboy landed flat from about 12 feet up, 100% on his HEAD. Lucky bastard.

Yeah, lets see those other pics, eh Mike?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DßR said:
how he didn't have a concussion or worse, I have no clue -- homeboy landed flat from about 12 feet up, 100% on his HEAD. Lucky bastard.

Yeah, lets see those other pics, eh Mike?
I know, I know........ Gimme a day or two, she approached me today and told me that we needed to do a photo shoot because my friends on RM were waiting :eek: I'm pretty busy, been drinkin alllll day, had about 17 shots for my 21st, and i'm feeling pretty good. Gimme a day or two.

And yeah, I dunno how the fcuk I didnt die or somthing. Birdwang told me that I landed straight to flat, I thought it was the transition. So my former thing about ~8 feet was untrue, it was more 10-12. My neck is KILLING me, I have realllly bad bruises on my forehead and head, all of my ribs hurt, my a$$ hurts, and I cant really use my right leg too much. My buddy said i'd be alright, and he's an EMT. If I'm not feeling hot tomorrow, i'll go in somewhere, but I think at this point its just bruises and muscle stuff.

Next time, I should go with my first instincts, which were when I first got there and found the new stunt that DßR had made was "Do not ride this today, its too soon after coming off an injury." Its just once I did a run, I felt soo good, that I thought I had it. I would have too, if I knew how to ride :)

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Not that it's something I wouldn't hit, but that stunt looks a wee bit shady..... ;)

Glad you're okay. I go Knocked out this year from overshooting a double, and my Mad Max Saved me from god only knows what. I fell almost 20' out of the air to a hard packed chunky gravel landing, on my face. I had loose front teeth, scratched goggles, and was very disoriented for about an hour afterward. The whole routine, "Where's my pressure suit?" "Where did I Crash?" What happened to my bike?" "Where's my Pressure Suit?" "Can anyone tell me where I crashed?" "Hey, That's Cedric Gracia!" "Uh, I might have asked this, but where's my pressure suit?"

You get the idea...... Helmets gooood.