Quantcast

Why I hate the police

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Hahahaha, got ya. I don't really hate the police.

I got popped for Jay Walking today at lunch. First time ever. It was ok though because the cop was super high strung about it. I've got this game I like to play with high strung people. I act as calm and indifferent as possible. The calmer I get (generally) the louder and more frantic they get until they give up because they aren't as entertained by me as I am by them. Luckily he was nice enough to not give me a ticket, beacuse that would have sucked. So next time instead of looking both ways for cars, I'll be looking both ways for the police.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Lawless floozy!! Was it worth the time saved to avoid the cross walk?

Was it worth it to break the law?

What now? Bank robbery? Arson? Bestiality?

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Oh. I thought this was going to be a "Sting is an a-hole and their new reunion tour sucks." I've got tickets for the next Phoenix show. I'll let you know if they suck.

Way to unnerve the high-strung cop. Surprised he didn't give you a ticket if you were freaking him out so much. :)

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007

Don't give her any ideas.... Bank Robbery and Arson are wrong....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch

Actually maybe it is more appropriately categorized as running a red light. I was in the cross walk, it just wasn't my "turn" to go. And it was no time wasted. As soon as the light turned green he and I started walking. If I have to wait for the lights, I'm not about to miss one.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Oh. I thought this was going to be a "Sting is an a-hole and their new reunion tour sucks." I've got tickets for the next Phoenix show. I'll let you know if they suck.

Way to unnerve the high-strung cop. Surprised he didn't give you a ticket if you were freaking him out so much. :)
No way, Sting is hot.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jay walking ..?? seriously dont they have anything better to do??
Not that busy??
no Dunkin Donuts around??

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
jay walking ..?? seriously dont they have anything better to do??
Not that busy??
no Dunkin Donuts around??
There's not much to do when you're waiting at a stop light. Whatever, he was in good humor about the situation, but he was being a douche. And since I am feeling very anti-people today he came off as extra obnoxious and douchey. All I wanted to do was enjoy my stroll without having to talk to anyone.

And I was all like "If my husband was here, he'd give you something to cry about panty waist."

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
A few years back our city police dept. received something like a $50,000 grant to enforce jay-walking laws. Lots of publicity about it, but I never saw anyone actually get busted for it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
A few years back our city police dept. received something like a $50,000 grant to enforce jay-walking laws. Lots of publicity about it, but I never saw anyone actually get busted for it.
Me neither. I've jaywalked past cops without realizing it until I was half way across the street, and havn't ever gotten called on it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i implore everyone to stop what they are doing and start rocking out to the Mudhoney uTube clip that r464 posted.

i'm gonna see them in about 5 weeks' time, i hope that play that one.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, He thought he was being funny. I thought he was being a douche. Had he not been in good humor, he could have written me a 52$ ticket.
i got one of those. i think mine was steeper. Greenwich CT cops. talk about nothing to do. they have one road in town where all the stores are and a cop at EVERY intersection. must be about 5 of em on this one road. no lights...just cop crossing guards. i looked both ways, no cars coming, crossed...the guy nearly hucked his donut. called me over ranting about how i had jay walked...but i wasn't as "calm" as you Laura and instead told him what a pathetic excuse of a cop he was. best part was he couldn't leave his "post" so i had to stay there and wait for backup to give me the ticket. :bonk: ah...the things we do in our 20's. :biggrin:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Watch it. He may take you down.

crap...that dude stole my signature move!

your friendly street corner officer was definitely a douche, i mean...if he thinks he needs to explain the "dangers" of jay walking to an adult, well...he's obviously working the street corner for a reason.

for future reference; be sure to skip across the street the next time so that, if you are charged with jaywalking, you can testify in court that you were obviously "skipping along merrily" and not jay"walking". :D