Quantcast

Why it's a bad idea to hide from the police in your house....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
:D

So this dude has some pretty serious felony warrants from an adjacent city. One of our guys sees bad guy in his friends yard and when bad guy sees cop he runs into friend's house. more cops arrive (as we tend to do ;) ) and cover every exit to the residence. the homeowner comes out, leaves, and says that the dude forced him out and that he has a gun.
long story short, dude refuses to talk so we "encourage" him to talk/come out by introducing some CS/OC rounds into the house. he came out about 10 minutes later sucking wind and crying. it was my first time shooting gas since completing the less lethal/chemical munitions instructor course....i was giddy as a school girl :D

anyway, this is what the inside of the house looked like when we were done "encouraging" bad guy to come out.

this is a 12 gauge OC ferret round that bounced off the ceiling and stuck in the dry wall

marking agent (dye that carries the chemical agent)

ceiling bounce to wall

we heard him trying to get to the bathroom...so we kept him out with a 37mm round of CS

the attic is gassy now too ;) (shooting from outside up through windows to avoid hitting a person)

dye splatter and a nice silhouette of the 37mm round that went completely through the drywall

this pic shows why we prefer to gas someone out rather than go in after him.......

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
are you even allowed to show this stuff?
yeah, this is just basic chem munitions stuff you can find on the intraweb and there are no names/addresses mentioned. it would be different if it were pics of us shooting it or something, this is just aftermath pics. posting this is the equivalent of all the taser videos you see on youtube of officers receiving their exposure in order to carry; no big secret.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Nice work. Who gets to pay for repairs?
I would hope that the douchbag that hid in his friends house would have to pay.

On a more positive note, while the homeowner is inconvenienced, it is refreshing to see a police interaction like this where no one gets hurt or killed, and the coppers arrest the douchbag.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I would hope that the douchbag that hid in his friends house would have to pay.

On a more positive note, while the homeowner is inconvenienced, it is refreshing to see a police interaction like this where no one gets hurt or killed, and the coppers arrest the douchbag.
the funny thing was that the dude kept telling the negotiators on the phone that he was scared to come out 'cause he thought we were going to beat his butt. so when he FINALLY did come out he was instructed to WALK out with his hands in the air. .......the dude CRAWLED out of the front door, SLID down the steps, despite repeated instructions to "stand up and walk to the sound of my voice". he crawled all the way UP the driveway and never got up until we cuffed him and picked him up. i guess he figured that if the gas whooped his butt that bad he didn't want to take a chance at seeming at all non-compliant :D

before we put the gas in, i seriously thought we were gonna have to go in....and that's never good.

as far as repairs: it's a rental house so the renter probably won't have to pay, even though he was arrested the day before for selling crack. i seriously doubt the PD will pay for the damage either.."the company you keep...."

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
hells yeah! i used a clip from that show for my general instructor certification where i had to give an 80 minute "class". i did my class on "developing and maintaining an effective bike unit" that show was so friggin corny yet awesome at the same time.

i did, however, have my bike on the bike rack when i got the page. standing there in front of the house, hunkered down behind my car in all of my team america gear (flight suit, body bunker, chest rig......) with a bike on the car. that's so much awesome that not even chuck norris would joke about it :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
benefits of being intel in a CH-53E squadron: flight pay, dunk tank, shooting stuff w/ .50 cal :D

i almost miss it enough to go back...then i remember how much it sucked to be deployed for months and months over the projected time :rolleyes:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
One of my first memories at Ft. Sherman was the first order I got from TopSgt.

"Swap the 60 in that tower with the deuce off the 5ton. I want it done before chow." It was 1100, chow was at 1130, and it was a 60' tower. Of course I had to lug the ammo too. What good is the M2 in a tower without ammo right? After chow, Top changed his mind. :disgust1:

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Just read a book called Aftermath..its about a bio remediation company that cleans up crime scenes and suicides. Very interesting read. Just finished the chapter where they talk about having to clean up after a guy who barricaded himself in a house. And the cops fired 10 cs gas canisters in there. The guys in the company said they would rather clean up a shotgun suicide or a three week decomp job than clean up CS again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So you say, but they are in your head, nesting like termites.
That and all this hiding most certainly puts a damper on many of my favorite criminal exploits. I can't remember the last time I jaywalked or urinated in public. I did recently illegally park.. I had to. All the other spots were taken and I was afraid.