Quantcast

Why!!?! Wtf?!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
He was stuck in traffic so he didn't go anywhere. I don't think anyone noticed the brake check, but it happened for sure. There is some BS going on the Santa Cruz Sentinel Blog about it.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_10894187

this was you eh?

that sucks balls.

Sorry to hear that. I can see the hostility on the blog. I don't think many people have ever known what it's like to have a car stop dead right in front of you, but I have and it sucks balls. The worst part is then the douchebag gets all the sympathy since more people drive than there are people who ride.
Yeah pretty sad how that blog got so out of control. Oh well. Accidents happen and I am glad I made it out ok and nobody else was hurt. I just want to recover and get back to being able to ride my bike.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
That blog made me mad. Such bigotry and hatred. You're such a tweaker Josh.

Not to make light of your serious injury and I'm glad you are ok, but...
You know if you were on a fixie this wouldn't have happened. Those brake levers are dangerous.

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. That was a scary situation. Get better soon!
The Mercedes driver was obviously a drug dealer that was driving while on crack. We need to get rid of those thugs!
See cyclists can be ignorant and presumptuous too.

PIN'D

Chimp
Aug 20, 2008
New York City
That Santa Cruz write-up makes it sound like you plowed into a parked car or something...how bizarre.

Glad to hear you're okay, but makes me mad as hell that some drivers don't seem to care or even think about the fact that's there's a human being on those pedals...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
yep, sometimes people don't even stop and think what's more important. The fact that they're going to be 3 mins late to where ever they're going or the fact that the object they're raging against is just someone in front of them doing the same thing but trying to save a little gas/air/get fit....

...except there are some serious douche riders around santa cruz too that don't help anyone by disobeying the laws. It sucks that Josh had to be a casualty of the whole conflict.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Still recovering. Probably have another couple weeks before I can get on a bike again. Really just trying to be easy on it and reduce the risk of infection as much as physically possible.