Quantcast

Wifes new/used bike

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I almost finished it (not pictured with brakes) Now I just have to install the rear brake as I need a longer line. Its a 97 SC Heckler w/Z1 Bam, its been all repowder coated with lots of new goodies. I'm hoping she'll ride the bike now:think: Actually she's pretty stoked about it so we'll see :)

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wow - sharp! A beefed up superlight essentially!

But you still shoulda bought my Belair frame earlier this year. :(

How much did that powdercoat cost? Looks very nice Brian!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
MMcG said:
Wow - sharp! A beefed up superlight essentially!

But you still shoulda bought my Belair frame earlier this year. :(

How much did that powdercoat cost? Looks very nice Brian!
A place down the street did it for me, got the frame, fork lowers, disc brake adaptor (not used cause I went with a different one) for $150, way cheep since its a pearl finish.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
A place down the street did it for me, got the frame, fork lowers, disc brake adaptor (not used cause I went with a different one) for $150, way cheep since its a pearl finish.

Wow - good deal.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
MMcG said:
wow - cool transformation - so in the end did the whole shebang stay within that budget you were trying to stay within?
Of course not :mumble: But still pretty cheap, I traded some old Hope brakes for the frame & fork :thumb:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
There's a place not too far from here that will powdercoat for 50 bucks...I'm thinking of maybe doing in my Homegrown when I sell her...

J

JRB

I painted my Manitou Mars and it looks like ass. I want to pc it. What do you do about the bushings and what not Brian???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pics of your wife????

:D

Anyway did you have to have that bomber rebuilt? I have the same one and it needs to be re-built.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
I got the seals and bushings and did it myself.
was it hard?

did you just go right to Marz?
I went thru this a while ago. Doing it myself may be a good winter project.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
nice! smart way to go building up a nice used deal.
I work with a guy that spent a GRIP on a NEW superlight for his wife. Full xtr / chris king type of build. Had to have been 3K. She's rode it maybe 5 times in the past 3 years.
I bought my wife a Gary Fisher hard tail at the same time for about 300 bucks. She still likes it!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Bri...
I jsut finished Denise's bike on Monday.
Intense 5.5 with a Manitou Minute spv air fork.
Maybe like my wife's bike, if Julie doesn't use hers, you can use it for a FS Dirtjumping bike.
Denise's XS (21in tt) fits me very similar to my Planet-X.
Plus, with Air shocks, all I have to do is pump them up a bit instead of having to get new springs like on a coil.

Oh.. pics to come tomorrow. I'm in Pleasanton right now.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Right...god I can't wait to see what Julie does to you when I show her all the smack you talk about her online...

That will offend her about half as much as all of his sexual tendancies towards you. :think:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Right...god I can't wait to see what Julie does to you when I show her all the smack you talk about her online...
You're so tough, I tell her most of the stuff I say. Julie is my total bud, if you can't be yourself to your spouse then thats not good.