Quantcast

Will a Saint Rear Der. work on my SS frame? XPOST

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
XPOST think ill ask here...

Well hello,

I seem to have run into quite a predicament. I just got a DMR Rythem frame maybe 2 months ago, and I thought i was in love with SS. after riding for a while, and getting stronger then my gear, and the ever approaching race season i have a hnkering for 3 speeds I currently have a hadley SS hub, and i remember seeing Saint Rear Der.'s working with hadley's hubs. Does this apply to the Hadley SS hub? and yes i also know that more then one speed will work with a hadley SS hub. you can fit up to five.

so basically, thats whats going on. i just bought this frame, dont want to sell it. Would like speeds, is it possible?

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
i believe that you will need to buy a aftermarket axle to work with the saint direct mount derailer, after that you should be good to go and i think it iwll work, just talk to your lbs about it

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
well ya it should work, just look for a saint compatible axle to buy and then u should be ok. unless ur frame is a 14mm by 110mm spacing, then you will not be able to run a casset or proper hub

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
it is definatley the regular dropouts. the only thing thatworries me is that all of the descriptions i read about the saint der's is that it uses the der mount as a secondary mount. my frame does not have a der. mount.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
If you have horizontal drop outs you will need to order a specific Saint der for that.

You DO NOT need a der hanger at all to mount a Saint! All you need is a compatible drop out, a compatible axle and the Saint der.